Day 20: Tri-armed Trouble

I woke up the next day and went down to the dock. I sat there looking out at the sunrise smiling softly to myself. I started to hum a soft tune with my eyes closed as I swayed a bit.

/"I can't believe everyone is gone...and I'm still here...Why?" I sigh thinking of all who had left.\

I head back to camp to see Chris talking to the others as I stand next to Duncan. "Only seven campers remain, and after six weeks of bugs, crappy camp food, and even grosser bathrooms, our seven finalists are about this close to losing it. We strove to come up with the best way to help the campers de-stress, then decided it would be way more fun to handcuff them together, and see if we couldn't push'em over the edge." I gulped seeing the evil smirk on Chris face.

"Did Duncan's parole officer send a care package?" Heather said with her arms crossed.

"Nah, all in the name of today's challenge, the tri-armed triathlon." I look down knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"Tri-armed...like three arms?" Owen asked as I nod.

"Yes! Three challenges, two teams of two and one team of three, and three arms for each...except for the team of three you'll have five arms." He responded to Owen's question.

"Have you meet these people? I am not being chained to any of them." Heather says obviously done.

"Winning team members both get invincibility from tonight's vote." Chris said with a smile.

/"Six weeks...it's been six weeks and I'm still here. Everyone who is left...are okay. Duncan and Heather I can't trust, Owen and Geoff scare me with their loudness, but Leshawna and Gwen...I think I can call them my friends." I say with a smile.\

We entered the crafts hall from the first challenge. I was handcuffed to Heather as she was handcuffed to Owen. This will end splendidly. I thought as Chris started to speak. "First of our three challenges, competitive chow down." Owen laughs.

"Oh, come on, this is like a dream I had once." Owen says happily.

"The doughnut-copter dream?" Heather says snarky. I turn towards Chris.

"You've had it too?" Owen says oblivious to the obvious sarcasm.

"Each team with choose a feeder and an eater. Eaters must put their hands behind them, making it even more difficult for the feeders. One last thing," he then holds up a skeleton key. "This, is the wimp key, a skeleton key that will open any handcuffs. You'll be offered the wimp key at each challenge to unshackle yourselves from your teammates, but if you choose to accept it, you'll both be eliminated." I saw Heather looking at the opportunity, but with the consequence she just glared at the handcuffs.

"Hello! How do we win this thing?" Gwen asked annoyed.

"Chef's getting platters for each team. Title goes to the team who finishes their platter of delicacies fastest." Duncan and Leshawna argued as Gwen was getting annoyed with Geoff's calm attitude.

"Owen will eat," Heather says as Owen nods.

"W-wait but what-" I try to interject how this isn't going to work.

"It's decided no arguments." Heather says glaring at me as I shrink with a nod. The other teams picked the eaters.

"Ohhhhh, delicious." Owen says with a smile.

"I don't think chicken is green in nature." Heather said. Food coloring? Though most likely not that? I thought as Owen said something about lemon-lime. When Owen pulled his arms behind his back. Heather was about to fall, but I held her up.