Day 8: Doe a Deer

I woke up the next day and took a shower after that I decided to catch up on some long deserved game play. I was about to beat the elite four of the Kanto region when I got a tap on my shoulder after Chris flew over in a helicopter. I look up to see Cody, who I've been spending a lot of time with over the breaks in between challenges. "Hey Cody," I say closing my 3ds. Right as he was about to speak Chris came over the loudspeaker.

"I hope you're ready for the most challenging challenge yet. Breakfast in three minutes at the campfire pit." Cody holds out a helping hand as I take it and he pulls me up. I land on his chest by accident.

"Sorry," I say blushing.

"No, it's cool," He says as we walk to the campfire pit together talking about random stuff. I sit next to him as the others arrive.

"Are you ready for today's extreme max impact challenge?"

"We are ready!" Owen says laughing afterwards.

"Incoming," Chris yells as he throws a can of beans about to hit me when Duncan catches it. He winks at me as I blush. "This is breakfast," He says passing one out to everyone. I shrug and open it up finishing it.

"No, breakfast is crepes, croissants, even chef's crappy burnt eggs." Heather complains.

"Beans, beans, they're good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you-" before he could finish he gets hit in the head with a can of beans. Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

"Today's challenge is about survival. We're going hunting." I gulp.

"Now that's more like it." Duncan says enthusiastically.

"Isn't that a paintball gun?" Herold asked.

"Why yes, Herold, it is." He shoots Herold who falls over in impact. I bite my lip to hold a giggle.

"So we won't be killing anything?" Bridgette asked.

"Negatory." He says making Bridgette smile. "This is the first ever paintball deer hunt. I'll announce the teams once we get into the woods, so finish breaky." Owen burps signaling he was done and as I look over I see over twenty cans of beans by him as he's covered in bean and bean juice.

"Got any more?" He asks as I shake my head getting up and heading to the woods since I finished. I sighed as I took in the smell of the pine trees and rain water. Oh how I love this smell along with chocolate. I wonder if they sell pine shampoo or chocolate shampoo and pine body wash. I then bump into someone.

"Sorry, I need to stop being in my mind." I say as I hear chuckling I look up and see Chris smiling at me making me blush. He helps me up and looks me up and down then nods making me put on my hood.

"Hey, it's cool that you can navigate a forest while in your head, but can't seem to notice a person." He says chuckling again. I blush darker. His laugh was always a pleasure to hear as I smile up to him. I open my eyes to see a quick look of pink on his cheeks as he looked away. I sniffle a giggle as the others arrive. He cleared his throat then looked at us campers. "And now for the team's breakdowns. The Killer Bass hunters are...Herold, Geoff, and Bridgette, locked and loaded with Bass blue paint, and using orange paint are the gopher hunters, Leshawna, Beth, Owen, and Lindsay."

"Waa-hoo, this is awesome man." Owen says.

"You also get these stylin' glasses and wicked camo caps. The rest of you are now deer." Um...deers meaning their hunting us. "Here are your antlers, noses, and little white tails." He said showing off the tail. 

"Yeah right I'm not wearing that." Heather said in denial.

"There is no way I'm a deer." Duncan says I shake my head.