Day 5: Wolf+Nature=Home

I was dreaming of my wolf form as I ran through the forest, but not on the ground, in the tree's above. I woke up feeling breathless as I got up and exited the cabin. Soon everyone meets up at the firepit as I sit next to Cody who is staring at Gwen. I look away playing my game as Chris shows up.

"Campers, today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I'm not gonna lie to you, some of you may not come back alive." Everyone gasps, but I just smirk a bit. "Just joking, all you have to do is spend one night in the woods. Everything that you need is at your team's campsite in the forest. You just have to find it." He then throws a map to Heather for the Gophers and one to Duncan for the Bass. "Oh, and watch out for bears. Lost a couple of interns in pre-production. First team back for breakfast wins invincibility." He blows an air horn as I cover my sensitive ears. "Well, off you go." I smile at Chris mouthing a thank you as he nods. I head off into the woods wide eyed loving every second of the sounds and the sights. I look behind the team and notice that both Sadie and Katie stopped to eat blueberries. I go over to them.

"Um w-we s-should stay w-with the gr-group." I say to them.

"It's only for a second we'll catch up." Katie says as I shrug and leave. I catch up to the team. We reach the site and start to set it up. I set out to find food to find a river. Cool fish. I roll up my pants and take off my shoes as I step into the river. I lean down and look into the water. I snatch up four fish then step out. I shake off excess water as I tie up the fish then head back to the site.

"H-hey I-I g-got fish." I say as I see DJ with a bunny. They look at me and smile as I blush getting the fish ready. After the fish was ready we started to eat. An owl hooted as Bridgette gets scared a little.

"Be cool, It's just an owl." DJ says trying to calm her down.

"Sorry, I just get really freaked out in the forest. " She said trying to calm down.

"This reminds me of this really scary story I heard once." Duncan said. Oh no I know where this is going and I'm leaving.

"Awesome! Tell it man." I hear Geoff say as I get up ready to leave.

"Are you sure because the story I'm thinking of is pretty hard-core." He says seeing me start to leave.

"Ooh we're so scared." Courtney says sarcastically as Duncan stands up.

"Okay but don't say I didn't warn you." Soon enough I was out of earshot for me to hear them. I climbed a tree and started to hop through them like a ninja from Naruto. I continue to hop around feeling the rush of the wind was amazing. I then happen upon the Screaming Gophers who were in a tree due to a bear. I jump down and stand on all fours growling at the bear. He tries to hit me but I dodge barely except for the scratch on my cheek. I growl more fiercely at him as my eye, that was visible, turned gold. The bear saw the wolf in me and turned tail running back into the forest. I hear the Gophers question what happened, so I howl to show that a wolf saved them. I then run, still wolf like, into the woods and stand up once I near camp. I see the tent burned down then I hear thunder. I jump in fear as I land into Duncan.

"Where were you?" He asks as I shiver in fear whimpering. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer as I shrink more into his chest as the thunderstorm continued. I slowly relax as I hear his heartbeat then I fall asleep in his arms.

Morning arrived as I wake up to see Courtney really close to my face. I try to sit up only to have a strong arm wrapped around my waist holding me close to Duncan. I blush madly, but don't move...I couldn't move his grip was strong, so I close my eyes and lay my head back down hearing his heartbeat. "Morning sunshine." I open my eyes to see Duncan looking directly at me. I blush.

"Oh my gosh." Courtney jumps up off of Duncan as I rise too since he removed his arm, taking the warmth and protection, too. "Ew you were cuddling me." She says as the others wake up.

"I was calmly lying on my back, being a pillow to shy boy here, trying to catch a few z's. You were snuggling up to me." He says as I get up and stretch.

"You are such an ogre." She says as the others wake up.

"I've been called worse." He says lying back down she storms off with a huff. We return to camp before the Gophers and notice that both Katie and Sadie were still missing.

"We're the first ones back." Courtney cheers as the Gophers show up.

"Oh, no they beat us here. this is all your fault." Heather says as she pushes Owen over like a leaf. And now I fear her more.

"Ah-ah-ah, not so fast, Gopherinos. It seems that the Killer Bass are missing a few fish." Chris says pointing our way.

"Oh, you mean Katie and Sadie? I'm pretty sure they got eaten by wolves last night." I growl lowly at that comment.

"Darn shame," Duncan says as out of nowhere Katie and Sadie come running up.

"We made it." Katie says breathless.

"We're safe!" Sadie replied before they went on to mend their relationship. Courtney clears her throat.

"Are you two finished with your little love fest?" They nod. "Good, because thanks to you, we just lost the challenge." She said shooting daggers at the two as their smiles turned to frowns.

"All right, Killer Bass, one of your fishy butts is going home. Gophers, you're going on an all-expense-paid trip to...the tuck shop." They cheer as they run off. My team gasp and glare at the friends as I look confused.

/"Okay I have no clue what a tuck shop is but looks like one of the friends are going home and I choose Sadie."\

At the firepit I sat next to a tired Duncan. "You've all casted your votes. The camper who does not receive a marshmallow must immediately hit the dock of shame, grab the boat of losers, and get the heck out of here. And you can't come back...ever. Now I can see you're all tired, so tonight, I'll just throw them to you. Savvy?" He asked. "Courtney, Duncan, Kaylub, Bridgette, DJ, Herold, Geoff, Tyler. Ladies, this is the final marshmallow of the evening. Sadie," He throws the marshmallow, but Sadie was still holding Katie.

"No, Why Katie, why her?"

"It's so unfair." Katie says as she started to cry.

"I so can't do this. I've never been anywhere without Katie. We have to be together or I'll totally die!"

"Sadie, Listen to me. You can do this. You are strong, and beautiful, and like maybe even smarter than me, and plus, you're like the funniest girl I know. You have to do it for both of us." They then head down to the dock while I sat and ate my marshmallow with Duncan.