Day 23: Lost in the Woods

I started to wake up as I noticed we were in the woods...I'm going with this is Chefs idea. I thought as I poked Duncan to wake him up then I realized that we were all outside. I blushed as I got up quickly to lean against the bed post. Soon Chef came in on a helicopter. "Everybody just shut up! How you got here is not your concern!" He landed as he sent the helicopter away.

"W-where's Chris?" I asked as everyone else got up.

"None of your gosh-darn business what happened to Chris." I flinched slightly at his yelling. "I'm in charge now, and i'm gonna make you wish you were never born. Your mission is to find your way out of the forest or die trying." He said getting in Owen's face.

"You can't be serious." Heather said looking shocked. "We will die." She said putting emphasis on will.

/"Yay, we're back in the woods." I said with a smile.\

"Here's how it works. Team one-Delinquent, shyness, and chubby." He tosses us a duffel bag. "Team two-Grim and Grimmer. Everything you need is in these bags. You'll navigate your way north to base camp. The first team to tag the camp totem pole wins, and here's a tip. Better set up camp before sundown, because once nightfall hits, you won't even see your trembling hand in front of your terrified face...unless you got night-vision goggles...but you don't." Chef puts the night-vision goggles away then laughed as I see Duncan rush over to Chef pleading with him.

"Oh, please, please, don't leave us here. I'm begging you. We won't survive!" I saw him slip something from Chef as he pushed Duncan away.

"Grab a hold of your gut, soldier!"

"This is totally bonkers! We'll be scarfed down by a grizzly!" Owen said terrified.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. You'll wish you saw a grizzly once you meet up with old Sasquatchanakwa. He's one mean mamma jamma." We gasp as the helicopter return. "Good luck, troops! Try not to die!" Chef then left on the helicopter. Then the beds were taken from behind us.

"This isn't legal, you can't do this!" Heather complained as I saw Gwen shuffle through their bag and pull out a compass.

"Hey, peaches, file it with the network lawyers." He then grabbed my wrist and grabbed Owens shirt and we ran off away from the girls. We continued to run as Duncan let go of Owen and was still holding my hand as we ran.

"Where are we going?" Owen asked out of breath. We stop as Duncan looks around.

"I just wanted to get away from the girls, psych them out a bit you know?" He said as Owen slowly caught up to us exhausted. "Okay, let's see what we got." He then pours out our bag as we see a sleeping bag, bug spray, binoculars, and a map. 

"Yep, yep, it's all good...except one things missing." Me and Duncan look at him confused. he then drops to his knees and screamed: "Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!" I covered my ears. He finished and I could hear birds flying away and a distant growl. 

"W-What was that?" I asked as I looked around.

"We're going to die out here." Owen complained.

"We'll be out of the woods in no time thanks to these babies." Duncan pulls out the night-vision goggles. 

/"Sometimes I find it charming that he's a criminal." I say with a blush.\

"You stole those from chef?! Sweet!" Owen said as I nodded.

"What can I say? I'm a hardened criminal." He winks at me as I blush. "With these babies, we can see as clear as day." 

"Awesome, let me see those." Owen then takes the goggles and puts them on looking up at the sun. "Ah, ha, ha! My eyes, I've been blinded!"