Day 7: How The Tides Have Turn

I woke up the next day and grabbed a bag of M&Ms from my bag that I brought with me. I started to eat it a DJ came over to me.

"So we cool man?" He asks. I nod as I offer him some M&Ms he accepts them as we talk for a bit. Then Duncan comes out and my face instantly turns red as he walks by with a smirk my way. "Are you crushing on Duncan?" I look at DJ in utter shock as he chuckles. He gets up and heads towards the main lounge as I race after him.

"Wait you can't just walk away after asking that?!" I partly yelled as we got breakfast and ate together. He looks at me.

"It's written all over your red face." I blush more as he chuckles again.

"I could like someone else?" I say trying to defend myself as he looks at me.

"The mysterious rose giver?" I look at him in shock. "Or is it Cody who you constantly seek a notice from?" He asks as I just sit there with my mouth open as he chuckles. "I told you I know the signs of crushing all from my mama." He says proudly as I just shake my head and eat. Then we all head to the beach where Chris was waiting.

"Bass, Gophers, today's challenge is a true summer-camp experience, a canoe trip." Oh no, no more water trips for me, remember I can't swim. I think with a little whimper as he continues. "You'll be paddling your canoes across the lake to bony island." Why did he say it like that? I question. "When you get there, you must portage your canoes to the other side of the island, which is about a two-hour hike through treacherous dense jungle."

"We got to pour what?" Geoff asks confused.

"Portage," Chris says making quotation marks with his fingers. A fly flew through his ears and he was still confused. "Dude, walk with your canoes."

"Oh," He says as I shake my head.

"When you arrive at other end of the island, you'll build a rescue fire that will be judged by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoes to the beach is the winner of invincibility. Move, campers! move," He yells as we all head to the canoes. "Oh, wait. one more thing I should mention. Legend has it, if you take anything off of the island, you'll be cursed forever." He says the last part in a creepy voice as thunder claps over head freaking me out a bit as I feel arms around me pulling me close to them. I look up to see Duncan smirking as I blush.

"Yeah, a cursed island, woo!" We all look at Owen confused and shocked.

"Now get in your canoes, and let's have some fun." Chris says as Duncan let's go of me.

"Yes," Owen says excited as I look at DJ.

"Partners," He nods as we get Geoff to go with us. We start as Chris shoots a eagle. I look over to see Cody with Gwen probably to make a move on her. I feel a pat on my back and look up at DJ as he ushers me to the canoes. I sat in the middle between DJ and Geoff. I looked over and watched as Cody tries to hit on Gwen who ends up hitting him in the nuts. Ouch that's gotta hurt. I cover my own area feeling the pain. I continue to watch as he gets hit again then a fog comes in and lightning strikes as I jump and land into the canoe. We reach land as we start running through the jungle. We all stop as large beavers with tusks come out of the bushes. I start to growl my wolf side coming out in defense. Everyone screams and soon enough we are running away. We came to a fork in the woods.

"Which way are we going to go?" DJ asked looking at the others.

"Left...definetly left." Courtney says sure of her choice.

"I don't know. I think we should take the one on the right." Geoff says as I nod.

"The right trail is wider." Bridgette says as Geoff smiles at her. "What are you looking at?" She says to him as we head down the right path. I see the Gophers go down the left.

After walking for a while Geoff falls over in pain nearly knocking me over. "Ah, my leg, I'm down, I'm down! Oh, It's so unfair. Why did this have to happen now? Why WHY?!?" He says holding his leg in pain.

"Geoff," Bridgette calls as she leans down beside him.

"You've got to go on without me." Courtney starts to walk off as I growl in her direction.

"We're not leaving any man behind. Not on my watch." DJ says grabbing her arm making me smile. We help him onto one of the canoe as me, Herold, and DJ carry him to the shore where we start a fire with Duncan's lighter. Point delinquent. I then head into the jungle to gather wood when Cody comes over to me and picks up some sticks with me. He then pulls out a soda from who knows where.

"Wanna sip?" I shrug thirsty from the walk. I take it and take a sip enjoying the taste running down my dry throat.

"Thanks I gotta go." I say giving him back his soda. As our hands touch I blush brightly as I clear my throat and head back to my side getting a wink from DJ and cover my face with my hood.

"I don't think this is going to be big enough." Courtney says as I apply the wood I got.

"You heard the women. We need more wood, guys, come on, let's go!" DJ shouts as we all headed out to get more wood. Then Herold runs by me with our oars. He then applies it to the fire. I face-palm at his stupidity.

"How are we going to get home now?" Bridgette says angered at Herold as we all glare at him. I see the Gophers back away as Izzy looked like she was about to do something crazy. She throws something into her fire, it explodes, I look at it in awe.

We head back to the canoes looking at Herold. "What are we going to do without paddles?" Bridgette asked anger in her voice.

"You can get someone to swim behind the boats and push them. I did that once for this huge, like, sixty foot yacht. the whole crew had to flutter-kick for like eight days to get to shore, and like, four of us got eaten by sharks. I didn't, not me, but it was really insane. Okay, later," Leshana then paddles the canoe hard making Izzy fall backwards. I shake my head chuckling at Izzy's wild behavior.

"That might work," Geoff said as he smiled at Bridgette.

"We need someone big enough to push all the canoes back. DJ, you're the only one who's strong enough."

"You can't ask him to do that. The dude can't swim." Geoff says pointing at the shocked DJ.

"Geoff, I know you're friends but DJ is the only chance we've got."

"She's right. Those skinny arms aren't going to cut it." She says grabbing my arm as a demonstration. I take my arm back and rub it.

"I'll do it." Everyone gasps.

"You can't swim with that kind of injury. you're horribly disfigured." I snicker and bite my lip trying to contain my laughter.

"I can do this. I have to." DJ says.

"That is one brave man." We all climb into the three stacked canoes. We chant his name as he zooms past the Gophers and over rocks as we crash landed on the beach me under Duncan as he smirks and I blush at our position. He leans down and kisses me on the cheek. As I look at him in shock, he gets off.

"The Bass are the winners!" We cheer as the Gophers get to shore.

I head to take a shower as I see Cody stepping out of the shower only a towel on. I blush madly as he looks my way. He smiles and shows off his packs and muscles making me blush more. He laughs a bit as I slip into a shower curtain and breath. "Seeya Kaylub." He says as he exits. I turn on the water after undressing and moan as the warm water runs down my body making me feel calmer and relaxed. I exit and get dressed. I enter the cabin and curl into bed sleeping instantly.