Chapter 3

"Steve! Get up you're gonna be late!"

It was days like these that Steve wishes he didn't exist. He wished he could stay in bed forever, and when he woke the world would be a better place. But this was real life, and he needed to get an education, go to college, and somehow make it out of this house. The only thing keeping him sane were his friends, and the fact that school wasn't so bad. Steve wishes he could tell his friends how he feels sometimes, but he thinks they would see him differently and stop being his friend and Steve was afraid of that. He was afraid of being alone.

After sitting in bed for 10 minutes, he heard footsteps in front of his door and quickly got up and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth. The last thing he wanted to do was get in trouble before the first day of school. Steve's style was plain, sort of like himself, so he would wear just a simple pair of jeans, white t-shirt, and Nikes. Once his shoes were tied, he grabbed his jacket and went downstairs, grabbed the paper bag with his lunch in it, and left. On his way to school, he saw his friend Sam texted him asking if he needed a ride and he agreed and met him at the corner.

"Hey man! Get in," Steve went inside Sam's jeep and he thanked his friend for giving him a ride.

"Anytime, just ask" was what Sam told Steve every time he drove them to school. Sam knew of Steve's home life, so he didn't mind helping in any way he could to make his friend feel better.

"There's a new kid apparently...a guy," Sam said and Steve looked at him in amusement. Every new kid seemed to be nice-Sam was new last year-so Steve was hoping maybe this kid would be a new friend.

"Yeah? Well hopefully he's nice," Steve said once they made it to the parking lot. "And maybe he'll join us,"

"I don't know Steve, there's some rumors and I don't think-

"Sam, you and I both know I don't care for rumors. Just give him a chance, I'm sure he's fine,"

With that, the boys went inside and met their other friends.

-------------------------

Bucky was nervous. He was up all night thinking about how his first day would go, and he ended up asleep in a position that made his neck ache.

"Ugh, why," Bucky said out loud while massaging his neck. He went to his closet and grabbed the outfit he picked out last night from the door handle. It was no secret he cared about fashion, and his mom was always the most excited when shopping for her son. Once his outfit was on, he went into the bathroom and brushed his teeth. After brushing his hair, Bucky grabbed his makeup bag from under the sink and applied blush to his cheeks, put mascara on, and his favorite cherry flavored lip gloss. Looking into the mirror, he sighed and went back into his room and grabbed his book bag that was in fact pink.

"Aw James, you look so cute," Bucky's mom hugged him and he gave her a weak smile which she noticed.

"C'mon James, the day will be over before you know it. I know Natasha promised she'd walk with you right?" Bucky nodded "Ok, so just try and maybe you'll make some friends," Winifred hoped her son would be ok on his first day, she trusted that Natasha would make sure her son was alright.

"Ok ma, now I gotta go or I'll be late," Bucky said checking the time on his rose gold iPhone.

"Alright, here's your lunch money and have a great day sweetie," Bucky gave his mom a hug and went outside and saw Natasha waiting for him on the porch swing.

"Wow, you really went all out for a first day," she said and Bucky blushed.

"Is it too much?" he asked gesturing to his outfit. He had on a pink skirt, and a grey and white striped shirt with sandals.