Chapter 14

Steve unfortunately had to go home and face his dad. He didn't know if he would be upset, or worried because he didn't know where his son was.

"Welcome back, how'd the date go?" his dad asked as soon as he entered the house. He tried to be as quiet as a mouse, but the door had failed him again.

"Great, I'm sorry I didn't call. We fell asleep in the trunk, but we went to school! And I-I-m sorry-

"Stop right there. You shouldn't be sorry Steve, I'm sorry. I know how I have been treating you is unforgivable, illegal if anything, but I just want you to know the reason why. Son, I lost my job. I know, 5 years in a company and next thing I know their telling me to pack my stuff. I'm trying to be a better father for you, even though you lost your first one, I'm hoping you can give me another shot,"

Steve was speechless, and a single tear fell from his eye. His dad has never opened up like that to him before, and he couldn't help but run up and give him a huge hug while letting the rest of the tears fall onto the back of his dad's shirt.

"I'm so sorry son," his dad was crying even harder then Steve was.

"It's ok, I still love you," Steve said, his voice cracking a bit.

"And to prove it, I've been going to therapy for the past week now. Your mom knows, and my shrink's been telling me I should make amends with you as my first step so I'm glad to hear that. Now, how about we order out for dinner tonight? Pizza sound good?"

"Yeah sounds great. I'm going to work on my art piece for a while,"

Steve jogged upstairs and got to work on his painting. His canvas covered his whole wall, and he was glad he had a big room. While painting half of his piece, the shirt he was wearing was covered in pinks and blues, his phone dinged on his bed. The blonde took a rag and dried his hands. He smirked seeing it was a text from Sam.

Idiot Sam: Check ur Instagram!

Steve chuckled and opened the app, and saw he had a number 1 on his 'Pictures of You' panel. He tapped on the icon and saw it was a picture of him kissing Bucky on the cheek, and the brunette had a huge smile on his face. The caption read 'The love of my life, so lucky to have him'. Steve grinned and liked the picture, then he commented 'love you too princess' and locked his phone.

After dinner with his parents, which hasn't been done in about a year, his dad left for his therapy session leaving him with his mom.

"So, tell me about Bucky,"

"Well, he's Natasha's neighbor and we met two months ago. We like the same music, he's interested in my art, he has the prettiest eyes...and he wears girl clothes,"

His mom didn't seem phased by the last thing and smiled. "He sounds lovely, we should invite him over to dinner one day,"

Steve nodded in agreement and said goodnight to her. For the first time he fell asleep without thinking he would wake up in a home that didn't care about him.

------------------

"Then Sam released the frogs, and one of them jumped on Ms. Vanderbuilt!" Tony said in between laughs.

Sam laughed out loud and everyone else at the table laughed along with him. The football player is always telling crazy stories about his day, which seem to be more exciting than most.

"So, I'm throwing a party tomorrow. And of course, you hoes are invited," Tony announced proudly.

"Yeah? Sounds fun," Steve added holding Bucky's hand under the table.

The two were very lovey dovey lately, and Sam was their biggest supporter.

"I need to get me a girlfriend, and maybe some straight friends to give me advice,"