Chapter 4

-Skip to lunch-

After surviving 4 classes, it was finally lunch time. Nat had texted Bucky to meet her on the lunch line, and he was on his way there when the boy who bumped into him this morning crept into his mind. All Bucky noticed were his sea blue eyes, blonde hair, and how flustered he was when he left him in the hallway. And had he called him beautiful? It was probably all in Bucky's head, so he shook the thought away and walked into the noisy café and saw Natasha on line.

"Hey Nat," the brunette greeted and Natasha turned around and grinned seeing her friend. Once she noticed the paint on his skirt she frowned. "What happened?"

"Oh, some guy ran into me and spilled paint," Bucky replied. "It's fine though, he apologized,"

Nat mentally added that guy to her hit list and had Bucky go in front of her on line.

"Hey! No cutting princess!"

It was Brock Rumlow from math class. He and his friends were making a scene, and Natasha told Bucky to just ignore them.

"They do this to everyone, my friend Sam was new last year and punched him. So now he doesn't bother us anymore so once he sees you with him he'll stop," Nat informed him and Bucky was wondering how strong this Sam guy was to take on someone as buff as Rumlow.

Once they got their food, Natasha led them to her table on the other side of the café. Bucky noticed a few people staring at him, and some girls making faces once they reached the table where two guys were sitting.

"Hey Nat, who's the uh...guy?" the guy wearing the Black Sabbath t-shirt asked.

"Be nice Tony, he had a rough morning already," Nat said. "Bucky this is Tony, and that's Sam,"

"Wassup playa," Sam said and Bucky laughed. The dude was really loud.

"I'm nice. Plus it would be hypocritical of me to even make fun of him seeing as I'm gay as hell," Tony said and Bucky choked on his soda and saw Tony smirking at him. "I know, I'm pretty shocked myself,"

Bucky laughed at how Tony casually outed himself, and he thought maybe these are the friends he needs. Sam doesn't seem bothered by his attire, and he had yet to meet this Steve guy.

"Jesus, Steve is always late," Nat said looking at her phone. "I'm starting to worry about that guy, he's always running around bumping into people,"

Sam laughed and took out his phone. "Yeah, he texted me saying he ran into some guy this morning," once he said that Bucky blushed.

No way, he can't be him.

"I'm here! Sorry I got held up in band,"

Steve was a mess. His shirt was covered in paint, and his face was red from running to the café. He set his tray down and his friends started laughing.

"Welcome back to earth Rogers, the paint really suits you," Tony said in between laughs and Steve gave him a hard look.

Bucky was just sitting there, waiting for him to recognize him from earlier. Steve was definitely the guy who ran into him.

"Oh! Steve this is Bucky. He's new and will be joining us from now on," Natasha said and Steve looked at the boy sitting next to his friend and froze. "We're neighbors and I thought why not?"

Steve immediately recognized Bucky from earlier, and was even more embarrassed knowing the new kid was the one he ran into.

"Hey, I'm Steve," he said.

"I'm Bucky,"

The boys were staring at each other and Nat coughed interrupting. "Did I miss something?"