Drinking games

Written 2012 by VeGirl

The morning after, I got up early; my hair was a complete catastrophe and totally impossible to get sorted out. A morning shower was the only solution, and it worked like a charm.

One and a half hour later I stood outside, fresh like a summer breeze but with an uneasy stomach, even after the fabulous hotel breakfast. I was a bit worried that a big bus would roll in by the hotel, and that the tour I had registered for would turn out to be an embarrassing huge tourist attraction; even if I had in fact seen a few such and those people didn't seem to think they were embarrassing. A sigh of relief left me when I saw a little black minivan pulling in by the hotel to pick me up along with two other girls who waited outside.

Jessica, who had started the business welcomed us and told some stories about the locations we had seen in the show. She had worked as an extra on set a couple of times and knew the actors. We drove past places that were well known to us, like Caroline's House, Matt & Vicki's House, Elena's House and we stopped by the Mystic Grill, which disappointingly enough turned out to be a Taxes Office. I had really wanted to go to the Mystic Grill for lunch; there was a Thai restaurant nearby, where we had lunch and after that, we continued the tour. The old Salvatore estate and Mystic Falls High School we were guided to next, and after that, Bree's Bar, Dr. Gilbert's Office and the Library where Jeremy and Anna met.

I heard somebody utter disappointment over not having seen the Salvatore Boarding-house, but I smiled secretly. I had already been there.

It was really fun to walk around in Mayor Lockwood's Mansion, where a lot of scenes were shot. An indescribable feeling of connection swept over me and I had to hide a silly grin. It felt amazing to walk down the garden stairs where Elena and Elijah had walked and I took a seat there to watch the place where they shot the famous masquerade and Founders ball episodes. People on the tour were really friendly, but I missed my friend Anna like crazy; this would be an epic trip with her. I took a seat for a short while and imagined us walking here with Stefan and Damon Salvatore.

Jessica told a lot of funny incidents and stories that had happened and that the actors had told her, and I was so glad that I had found and registered for this tour. I thanked my lucky star that Anna and I had found Jessica's website, searching through the web at home.

When the tour was over Jessica showed us the merchandise we had seen on her website and I felt a strong need to buy a little bottle of Vervain in a silver chain, Of course one for me and one for my friend Anna.

That night I took my car from the hotel down to the town square. I wanted to meet some local people and parked the car by the Mystic Grill. It was lovely to stroll through the park as the sun started to set. The people I met along my little walk seemed very nice and friendly. It was a great feeling to walk around here, where a lot of scenes were shot, to sit on the bench where Damon sat and talked to Anna a cold winter's day. Now it was a warm summer's day and I was definitely not cold in my skinny black jeans and white cotton shirt.

Still with a silly grin on my face, I took my car and drove to the Depot Bar & Grill, which was the location where the scenes in Bree's bar were shot. We had been driving by there with Jessica and the tour, and I wanted to see what it looked like on the inside. To my happiness, it looked exactly like it had done on the show when I stepped inside and the silly grin returned. My booties clicked against the floor and I smiled as I went up to the bar, sat down and ordered a beer. Only a slight disappointment that it wasn't the 'owner' Bree that served me swept over me and I smiled secretively.

It was time to separate fiction from reality.

People were very friendly and I had three guys hit on me within the first half hour. The smile started to get strained, but the music playing was good and the girl behind the bar was funny.