Is anything really possible?

Written 2012 by VeGirl

After breakfast the next morning Stefan took a ride with Elijah, Klaus and Rebekah, to give them their family back. There were definitely tensions between the three siblings. Rebekah told me she had one sister and one brother she hadn't seen in almost four hundred years and my interest in history was dying to go with them. Well, literally speaking, of course.

Klaus treatment of me the day before made me grateful for the distance to him. I had no idea how to act around him; it made me furious just to think about him.

On the meantime Damon, Elena and I took Damon's car to pick up Lucy to meet her witchy friends. They were located in a town a little bigger than Mystic Falls about an hour's car drive away. I really wanted to know the name of the town, but I had my eyes on Damon and lost myself in the intense look on his face.

The sarcastic Damon I had got to know on my TV at home, was nothing like this man. He was serious and contemplating the whole ride. None of us said too much and the only thing I could do for support was holding his hand in mine.

Earlier that day, he had been to the place where he buried Lexi's body a while ago, and dug her up. I had tagged along so I wasn't in danger of accidentally revealing to the others what Damon was up to. I offered to keep him company but he ordered me to stay in the car.

It felt spooky to know the whole hour drive that we had a dead person in the trunk. A dead friend.

I expected us to stop by an old house, looking like the witches burial-site in Mystic Falls, but Damon stopped the car next to a ordinary apartment building while Lucy called up to her friends.

We got directed down to the parking garage where no curious eyes would spot us carrying a dead body around; that could have been hard to explain...

I dreaded that the elevator would stop and someone would get in and ask questions. Lucy explained afterwards that she had cast a spell to prevented that. It was quiet when we stood there crammed up in the elevator, Damon with Lexi in his arms, wrapped in a clean blanket.

I could see her blond hair and reached out to pick off a leaf that was stuck there. I happened to meet Damon's eyes and they were dark and impossible to read. On the top floor we got off and one of the two doors opened. A young woman welcomed us into a big bright apartment. It was nothing of what I had expected. We saw a kitchen and a huge living room with a couple of couches and a big flat screen TV on the wall.

We were guided along a hallway and into another room, a big room with high ceiling. A huge skylight was just about to close automatic, making an ambiance of dusk. On the dark wooden floor a big pentagram was marked and candles were flickering around it.

Damon was instructed to lay 'the body' down in the middle of the pentagram, and he did what he was told without argument.

The witches, sitting around the circle were still, in deep concentration, but the one who let us in spoke with Damon.

"We have done this just a few times before, but we have refused to do it many times." She observed him. "It's usually grief that makes people go to this extreme, but we were intrigued by your reason." She had a curious smile.

"The reason here is also grief. It's just not my grief," he added with a nonchalant face.

I saw nonetheless how he stoked Lexis hair as he laid her down on the floor.

"She's probably going to be quite pissed when she comes around; if she comes around." He wasn't convinced that they would make it. "Well she'll be pissed at me, since I was the one that killed her."