Victory

Written 2012 by VeGirl

We had no idea how long we had been down in the basement when Stefan and Damon came down and opened the hatch on the outside. We rushed to the door and I had Damon's arms around me in an instant. Unfortunately I missed the moment when Stefan took Elena in his arms. I so wanted things to work out between them.

"Are you okay?" I pulled away from Damon just to see him with his shirt torn and with blood on his hands. "Is it your blood?" My tone was worried and I looked at Stefan who looked about the same. He had even blood on his face. Gross!

"It's not our blood. We're okay," Stefan said and Elena and I exhaled relieved. To breathe through my nose was ruled out though...

The house was totally trashed, we noticed when we got upstairs. One of the big windows was broken into pieces and furniture were smashed. Tyler was just picking up someone's head and threw it outside. I looked away.

People were washing blood of the furniture and carpets.

"These hybrids... they're really bringing the neighbourhood down," Damon said with a face.

"Yeah you need to take care of that Klaus; they're everywhere, like fleas..." Stefan smirked to Klaus who came walking down the hallway. He just glared and walked by.

"Bonnie!" Elena exclaimed. "Where are Bonnie and Lucy?"

"In my room," Stefan said and Elena hurried up to see to her best friend.

I was terrified over what had happened while Elena and I had been safe and secure down in the basement. Caroline sat back in the couch and I sat down beside her wondering if she was okay.

"Yes, I'm fine; I could use some blood though to heal up faster," she said with a weak smile and I immediately went down in the basement to pick up a couple of blood bags and passed around to the ones in need. Luckily they were sealed...

Rebekah was one of the vampires who reached for one.

"Becca, are you okay?" I was concerned for my friend. "I haven't seen you since the day before yesterday."

"No I had to take care of a few things." She was secretive about her whereabouts. "But I was here in time to get me some action." She smiled.

I sighed. "You're seriously weird!"

She laughed. "No Emma, I'm a vampire!" she said with a smile and eyes wide open at the last word. "I need some action, I get bored easily."

I laughed, relieved that she was okay. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Klaus sit down on the couch next to Caroline. I didn't hear what he said, but she nodded and smiled. He put his hand on her knee and they smiled at each other.

What in the whole world was going on?

Klaus eyes flicked up and caught me looking at them. He pressed his lips together slightly and the corner of his lips made a hint of a smile as one of his eyebrows made a questioning quirk. I looked away quickly.

Stefan came into the room with a bottle of whiskey. "I'm proposing a toast for our victory," he exclaimed.

"Thank you, Stefan for saving my brothers." Rebekah raised her tumbler; Stefan smiled and shrugged. She went over to him and kissed his cheek, that's when Elena walked into the room with Bonnie.

Not good!

She looked a little hurt, but that seemed to subside since Rebekah just walked away from Stefan again, not paying him anymore attention.

Rebekah went over to Elijah and started a conversation with him. I heard them talking about how he had made this deal with Stefan and wanted to get his family reunion. Rebekah seemed enthusiastic to see more of her siblings.

Stefan went up to Elena and stroke a few strands of hair from her face and seemed to ask if she was okay. I saw Bonnie's face light up behind Elena's back, our eyes met and we smiled to each other.

Katherine strolled in from the patio; she had really been taking a big bite out of some people. Her face was smeared with blood and she had a big smile on her face, but it disappeared as her eyes fell on me. What had I done to her?

Elijah called her name and she went up to him and Rebekah. I saw him gesture to her face and I read it like he thought she maybe should wash up. I smiled, but was careful not to let her see that. I don't think that would have won me any extra credits.

"Katherine, have you met Emma, my friend?" Rebekah suddenly said and gestured for me to come over.

Had they really not been in the house at the same time? I couldn't remember, there had been so many people coming and going.

"You seem to have made a lot of friends these weeks," Katherine snorted.

Rebekah looked a little surprised at her. "Emma and I have been friends for... what is it three years?" she asked me.

I smiled at her. "Yes, but we haven't really kept in touch, with you being dead and all..."

She laughed. "Yes, that could put a strain on any relationship." She rolled her eyes. "I remember you had this song you played over and over again... what was it?"

"Yes... what was it? September? No, it was Amanda Jenssen!" I said and laughed. "I haven't heard it for years now. 'Amarula Tree', was it."

"I was so sick of it," she drawled and looked at her brother who smiled at us.

"You were the one who were always jumping up and down to September's 'cry for you', when we were clubbing," I revealed. We were both laughing, remembering a time when I thought vampires only existed in horror movies.

Damon came up behind me and put his arms around my waist.

"I can't believe how I didn't know you were a vampire?"

She laughed at me. "You wouldn't be able to handle it." I nodded. She was absolutely right, I would have freaked out!

"Lucky you can handle it now," Damon said and kissed my temple.

I laughed. "Yeah, right!" I said sarcastic. "I'm still totally freaking out!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you for all your votes and comments!

I'm glad you found and like my story. // VeGirl.

.