Teasing the eavesdroppers

Written 2012 by VeGirl

I had taken a shower and changed my clothes after the training session, which by the way was a bit embarrassing; getting naked and stepping into his shower, where anyone could walk in on me, since it had no doors to lock. What kind of an exhibitionist was he anyway?

Yeah well, he had good hearing and knew if someone was coming, which I didn't.

It was a hot day and I got really appreciative looks from Damon as I came back to the parlour in a short powder pink summer dress and high heels. It was a simple jersey spaghetti strap underneath and had a thin short sleeved organza layer over. This girly outfit was quite out of character from what I usually wore but this felt like a special occasion. When I wore dresses, which was seldom, it was more of an indie-style, and this was a Ralph Lauren knock-off. I even threw on my pearl necklace and grabbed my sunglasses.

"Wow, baby, baby!" Damon met me downstairs. "Did you do that just for me?"

"Of course!" I smiled and felt jittery as he gave me a good look-over once again.

"I like." He slid his arms around me and I did the same around his muscular body. "I like your legs in those high heels," he whispered, making a shill run up my spine and I bit my lower lip. This wasn't a trait of character I had expected from him.

Damon suggested that we'd go down to the Grill; if Klaus wanted to find us, he would no matter where we were. We took his pale blue Camaro, the sun was shining and we had the top down. I couldn't help but to glance at Damon when we drove away along the gravelled driveway. With his shades on, he really did look like the Damon I had seen on my TV; the one I had been drooling over but realistically knew I would never get to know.

Just two days ago I was content with walking around Glenridge Hall, because it was the location of my favourite TV-show. How did this happen, or what the hell was happening, really?!

From the stereo, Ida Maria was singing about that 'home sweet home ain't sweet anymore' and I could relate. My blond curls were blowing around my face and I looked silent out the side window.

"What's the matter?" Damon asked.

I turned to face him. He looked really concerned and that was a side of him that was well hidden on the TV-show I thought.

"Oh, I was just thinking about home." I was trying to dodge the subject any further.

"Do you miss home... or perhaps someone in particular?" He looked almost suspicious at me.

"No! I'm single," I said with a smile. "I would never be like this, you know, sleeping in your bed..." I added with an obvious look. "...if I had a special someone at home. I was merely thinking I didn't want to go home," I admitted more quietly and looked once again out the side window.

He didn't say anything, but I saw in the corner of my eye that he was watching me intensely. Maybe he didn't know what to say, just like me.

The stereo changed song to the Bravery, 'out of line' and we both smiled. At first I thought that it was funny how we seemed to have the same taste in music, but I realised how affected I had been by the show. It hit me suddenly that he had been around a long time ago, at least if this reality was accurate to story on the TV-show.

"What kind of music did you listen to when you were younger?" I asked.

He cracked a laugh. "What do you mean, when I was merely a hundred and ten?"

I looked away, embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry."

"It's okay sweetie, you snoop around as much as you want. You have no idea how liberating it is to meet someone that you don't have to convince that you're 172 years old, and then compel them to forget."