Good boy or bad boy

Written 2012 by VeGirl

We were sitting on the patio outside the kitchen after breakfast, when it suddenly hit me. "If Katherine is the first Petrova doppelganger and Elena is the second, then who is the original Petrova?"

They looked at me like that was something that had never crossed their mind.

"An original Petrova..." Stefan said thoughtfully.

"We could ask Katherine," Damon suggested.

"Or Elijah..." Stefan's expression was suddenly something completely different. "I could de-dagger and get him up."

"Stefan, this thing with diabolical plans isn't really your game. I'm much better at that." Damon gave a devilish smile.

"And yet, I was the one who saved us all from Klaus, now wasn't it?" Stefan leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms over the chest watching Damon with a crocked smile. He looked really cocky and was definitely on top of the game.

The good guy had really gone bad! Wow!

"But Elena was the one who woke him, last time. I think he considers you a friend," I said turning to her.

"It's strange that you know so much about our lives," Elena commented with a peculiar look in her face. "It's like you've always been here."

"Well that's me, peeping Tom..." my voice might have been a little cynical.

"I'd call Katherine if I had her number," Damon said tart.

"I have it..." Stefan said and we all looked silently at him. "What?" He feigned innocence.

Damon got up with a hard-set expression. He took my hand and walked off briskly with me in tow. He drew deep calming breaths as we walked around in the back yard. "Of course Stefan would have it!" he muttered with a sour face.

"I don't have your number," I said.

He glared at me and simply stated. "You don't need my number, because I'll never let you out of my sight again."

"Really?"

He held me closer and kissed the top of my head. "No, I won't. Stefan might grab you," he grunted and made me laugh.

"Now you're being absurd!"

"Well, he has a history of doing that..." His aggression seemed to fade.

I laughed, and finally he started to smile again. "See, there's that beautiful smile of yours," I said and he eyed me with that doubtful expression of his.

~ ~ ~

Later that afternoon Damon and Stefan left the house, where Elena and I would be safe; after making sure I had his number in my iphone. They weren't supposed to be away especially long, they were going to bring Elijah back to the house.

Elena and I were thinking it would be better if she went with them, since they had some kind of mutual respect for each other earlier. Stefan decided though that they would go by themselves, and Elena and I didn't have enough muscles to argue with him. Therefore, here we sat in the TV-room, next to the library, watching some old film. Our thoughts were not with the film, but obviously with the guys, and what was happening to them. They hadn't told us where they were going, but said it would be a couple of hours. Elena confirmed that she sat for quite a while by Elijah's side while he 'woke up' last time.

"Where do you think Stefan hid them?" I asked quietly.

"I have no idea, some warehouse or abandoned house of some sort," she suggested and that was pretty much my guess also.