Provocative much?

Written 2012 by VeGirl

"Are we out of hearing range yet?" I asked quietly, and that's when laughter ruptured from his chest, echoing against the windows. "You just can't help provoking your brother, can you?" I smiled cocky at him.

"It looks like you can't either," he commented. "I did promise him an eternity of misery." He smiled and his eyes glittered of mischief. "This is me being nice."

"Isn't it hard to keep up appearances all the time?" Suddenly I needed to know things. I needed to ask him all the questions I had pondered about while sitting at home on my couch.

"It comes with the territory of being a vampire." He shrugged. "Sarcasm helps." He smiled towards me.

"Sounds a bit harsh to me," I said and glanced out the window. He didn't say anything and I got kind of sad that I had ruined his good mood.

He drove straight to my hotel and suddenly I wondered how he knew which one I stayed at. He watched my confused look. "I drove you home last night, don't you remember anything?" He looked at me as if he was surprised at how little I remembered, but he was the one who got me hammered. He cocked his eyebrow. "Not the hot love making?"

"Oh love making?" I laughed. "Not just sex then?" I couldn't help but to let the sarcasm flow. I must have been nearly unconscious the night before.

He laughed and walked fast around the car to open the door for me. My hand was already on the handle, I wasn't used to have the door opened for me.

"Not fast enough for you?" he asked tart and reached a helping hand for me to get out of the car.

"Sorry," I mumbled a bit embarrassed. "It's not the custom in Sweden."

He kept my hand in his as we walked into the hotel. "Maybe you shouldn't tell everyone where you're from." He said quiet when we took the elevator up to my room. "Klaus might hear and go after you."

I turned to him and stared dumbfounded. "Why would he do that?"

"For sex? Wild Swedish sex," he added whispering, once again with mischief sparkling in those gorgeous eyes.

"What?" I glared at him with a shocked expression.

"Well I thought about it," he laughed, but added seriously, "It's just that you know stuff, maybe he feels threatened? I just don't want anyone else to get hurt. I don't want you to get hurt." His expression was completely changed and showed compassion as he gently cupped my face. My heart started to pound in my chest as he touched me, suddenly I felt breathless and excited shivers ran down my spine.

"Am I scaring you?" He asked gently with humour glittering in his eyes.

"No," I said, well not for the obvious reason anyway.

He leaned closer. "Your pulse is making my mouth water," he whispered in my ear. I flinched and he laughed soft. "If you think I'm just a regular guy, you have not been paying attention." He had a mocking tone of voice, but his expression was soft.

I stared at him wide-eyed.

He chuckled, smiling. "Sweetie, I just said I don't want anyone to hurt you. Do you really think I would drain the life out of you after that statement?" He laughed softly.

I took a deep breath to muster some courage, glared at him and walked into my hotel room. "I will not invite you in," I muttered, asking myself what it was that made me so ticked off by him; ticked off and turned on.

He still laughed soft. "You think I need an invitation to get into a hotel? It's like a smorgasbord," he added, rolled his eyes and looked around in my stuff.