Official yours

Written 2012 by VeGirl

"Damon, you're not dressed yet!" Stefan and Elijah met us later that afternoon, and I noticed they were all dressed up.

He cursed. "I have had other things on my mind." He smiled at me and I blushed. "Emma, how fast can you get ready for a party?" Damon asked.

"Sophisticated!" Elijah commented.

Stefan just snorted, "Wow, slick move!"

Damon rolled his eyes and asked me again. "Emma would you like to accompany me to the founders party this evening?"

I looked surprised at him. "But I'm not even from this town... I'm just visiting."

"I'm from this town and I can bring a date if I want to." He seemed irritated. "So how fast can you get ready?"

"Stop snorting at me!" He was in a bad mood and it rubbed off on me. "I need to know how formal this event is supposed to be; I didn't bring my entire closet, you know."

"Oh, look at the time, it's well overdue for a drink, don't you think, Elijah." Stefan smiled and they left us to deal with our discussion.

I pulled out my phone while glaring at Damon. "Elena, I need help!"

By the time I got out of the shower, wrapped up in one of Damon's luscious towels, she arrived.

"Elena!"

"Towel-girl," she replied and we both snickered, fully aware that I knew that line's origin.

"Please, what am I supposed to wear for this party? You look beautiful, by the way!" She really did, with her gorgeous brown hair flattened and in a short champagne coloured dress, both slim and billowing with a v-neck and spaghetti-straps. It complimented her figure perfectly.

"Come on; let's see what you've got." She rummaged through my clothes while I put make up on and dried my hair. I thanked my lucky star for my natural curls that held perfectly even though I'd blow-dried my hair.

First she only found jeans and tops, since I wasn't a dress kind of girl, the first dress she found was a black; a really low v-neck chiffon dress and she shook her head. It was more of a club-hopping wear. I hadn't really expected to go on a founders party in Mystic Falls as much as clubbing in Covington, Georgia. Finally she held out a slim blue dress with a round neck and no sleeves. It was short and had cut out details on the lower part of the dress, with a chiffon layer on top.

"You should definitely have this one! It's the same colour as your eyes." I hurried to get it on and that was just the moment Stefan called for Elena.

"Thank you for all help." I hugged her and she left as I put on a pair of strappy high heels and took out a small clutch for a lip-gloss and some other lifesaving equipment.

When I got downstairs Damon stood waiting for me, all dressed up in a suit and dark grey shirt. "Excuse me miss, have you seen my Emma?"

I slapped him playfully on the arm and he snickered and kissed my cheek. "You look fabulous, that blue colour dress really make your eyes say; look at me."

I smiled shy and mumbled a 'thanks'. He offered his arm and we walked to his car and headed for the party.

A lot of people had already arrived at the Lockwood Mansion when we got there and walked up the front stairs to greet the hostess. I thought about that last time I had been to this estate, with the vampire stalkers; I liked this event much better. Anna flickered through my mind though, and I wished she had been there.