Just an amazing dream

Written 2012 by VeGirl

The next morning I woke with a massive headache. I immediately thought about the night before, but it made no sense at all. My headache revealed that I indeed had found the location where they had shot the episode in Bree's Bar, but did it really look like it had done on the show? My imagination had made me make things up. What a weird dream that had been.

It suddenly hit me; how did I get home?

I took a couple of aspirins, got dressed and went downstairs. Instead of heading straight to the continental breakfast, I took a detour to the foyer and straight to the door; neatly parked outside the hotel stood my rented car.

I smiled.

It was so obvious that everything had been just a dream, but this was all the proof I needed. Still smiling I went to the bistro to get myself some breakfast. When I was no longer hungry and the headache didn't threaten to crack my skull open, I took my phone and called my friend Anna about the tour yesterday. It was amazing to hear her voice again even if the line was bad, and I was glad to hear that she was no longer in the hospital, the operation had gone fine and she was now at home again, even if she was sore. She talked about trying to reschedule the flight and join me. The stay was two weeks so there was at least a chance.

When I told her about my dream, we both laughed about it. She wished yet again that she was there, and so did I, but we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I took my morning shower, dried my long blond curls and put a little makeup on around the blue eyes. As I got dressed I thought about what I was supposed to do with this day. I took my iPhone and flipped though the pictures I took at Glenridge Hall. Suddenly I stopped and flipped back a few pictures again. It was a photo of the fabulous building, and when I enhanced the picture I saw a person in one of the windows.

It was 'Damon'.

Did this mean that I didn't make it all up after all? Why would he be in that house? I didn't understand it, did this mean I didn't make up the encounter at the bar either? My fingers were shaking as I flipped though the rest of the pictures on my phone, but there was nothing suspicious at all. I was disappointed, but once again smiled at my own vivid imagination.

I took the car downtown again and the smile was still on my lips as I walked around in the park, nodding to smiling people, with the summer breeze playing in my hair. I took a seat on the bench where I sat the day before, thinking of the show. Once again I felt a desire surge through me to know more. My curiosity was killing me, so I took my iPhone out and flipped through the pictures once again until I found the one I was looking for. I enhanced it again and was looking very close at it, puzzled. Why would he be there? It wasn't like they shot scenes from inside the house, right. That was all shot in a studio and I had been outside that studio yesterday.

"How's the head, gorgeous?" someone asked and I jumped, startled and looked at my side. On the bench beside me sat Damon, looking at me with his crooked smile. I just stared at him, with my stomach in a knot. Wasn't last night a dream after all?

"Cat got your tongue?" He was teasing, and I felt my cheeks getting red from embarrassment. "How cute, she blushes."

"Did we meet for real yesterday? It wasn't just my dream?" I stuttered.

"You dreamed about me?" he kept teasing. "No it was real, don't you remember? You, dancing on the table, giving me a lap dance." My eyes got so big they were about to fall out of my head as I stared at him. He started to laugh and put his arm on the backrest behind me. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist."

I glowered at him and my whole face was hostile. He just kept laughing at me.

I started to look around whether they shot scenes out here today, and if I might be in the way? Nowhere could I see any signs of cameras or crew. I turned to look at 'Damon' who watched me curiously.

His phone started ringing, interrupting my confusion, or perhaps adding to it. He looked at the display with a bored expression. "Hello brother," he sighed with a frown. He listened intense and started to look around us after something or somebody. He seemed concerned.

"I'll meet you at the Grill." His tone was clipped as he ended the call and put the phone back in his pocket. He got on his feet as he kept looking around. "I think you better come along," he said, took me by the elbow and pulled me along.

"That was Stefan?" I asked with a hefty amount of sarcasm, but still confused about the change in his actions.

"You know my brother?" He looked surprised at me and I shook my head intensely.

My head was going 100 miles an hour. What was happening? We were going to the Grill; the Mystic Grill I knew really was a tax-office.

"But, but..." My head started to spin.

"It's okay. I won't let anything happened to you." His tone was protective as he kept looking around, surprising me. He put his arm around my shoulders as we hurriedly crossed the street to get to the Grill, the Grill that I knew was only a film-set in a studio.

He pushed the door open and we walked into Mystic Grill. I nearly lost it there. "I was here yesterday, and it was a tax-office," I hissed at him. He looked at me like I really had gone mad.

Had I entered aTwilight dimension, an alternate universe?

~~~ Authors Note ~~~

Emma is quite confused by now...

I must say I had so much fun writing this story, I hope you like it! / VeGirl