Show time battle on

Written 2012 by VeGirl

"And what's your plan? How are you planning on getting out in one piece?" Stefan stood up with his arms crossed over his chest, the confident pose I had seen many times.

"Oh just by the seat of my pants," Klaus said with a sigh and a bored look. Stefan looked blank at him.

"To just go along, no real plans," I explained peppery and rolled my eyes.

Klaus smiled at me. "Goody; an interpreter who speaks English." I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen for a glass of water.

"You need to stop doing that!" Damon's voice inside the kitchen made me stop just outside the door.

"Do what?" Elena seemed a bit surprised.

"Assuming I'll be playing the good guy just 'cause it's you who's asking," Damon snarled at her.

I had missed their conversation, but had felt tensions between them ever since the conversation about Lexi. I opened the door and went in, pretending to have heard nothing. "Hi sweetie, have you heard anything?" I was deflecting, so hard. "About the trouble rolling in."

Damon was trying to act like I hadn't interrupted anything. "No not yet, but it's not far away now; I can feel it coming." He laid his arms around me and kissed my hair.

We left Elena in the kitchen and walked into the library where Klaus and Stefan were discussing. Stefan had an ultimatum; if they were about to fight the werewolves, they needed some of Klaus' blood, even before the fight, just in case any of them were bitten. Klaus rolled his eyes and snapped up a letter opener from one of the shelves and in an instant he had cut his hand and the blood was dripping on the carpet.

My stomach started instantly to roll.

"I think you need something to collect it in, unless you want to lay down and suck on the carpet." Klaus had his usual sarcastic tone.

Stefan was fast and Klaus' blood dripped in a whiskey glass before the wound had a chance to heal. Damon left to get a bottle to keep the blood in, in case they would need it later. I flinched when Klaus tossed the letter opener on the shelf again. The wound was healed and Stefan and Damon went into the kitchen to pour 'the cure' into the bottle instead. I definitely preferred to think of it as the cure instead of the blood, which freaked me out.

I kept walking around the house again, not able to find peace of mind anywhere. Klaus and Tyler took turn keeping guard outside for us to be prepared when the hybrids showed up. I walked into the library on my way to the parlour; Black Mustang's song 'Between the devil and the deep blue sea' was roaring from the stereo and Klaus was sitting, or more laying, in one of the armchairs.

"Gearing up for the battle, Klaus?" I tried my best to be nice.

He smiled. "Yes. This is the perfect song for it, don't you think?"

Wait a minute; was he actually being nice? I chuckled a bit. "I wouldn't know; this is my first battle," I revealed not so surprisingly. "But I like the song."

"Well if it's your first, you better enjoy it," he said with a smirk. I just looked at him with a quirked eyebrow and walked past him into the next room. What's to enjoy about a battle?

Lucy and Bonnie had sat down in the parlour, with candles lit up and started to chant words that I had no idea of knowing. The tension was definitely building; I could feel the hairs on my arms rising. I found Elena and she had the same eerie feeling, she told me. The fight was getting close. Stefan and Damon met us in the hallway.