Another good day to die

Written 2012 by VeGirl

"NO!" both Elena and I shouted and I threw myself in front of Damon. I definitely didn't think that through.

Klaus finger ripped a hole in my chest and the other gasped as my blood started to flow. All I saw was the startled expression in Klaus face before I noticed the smell, that awful coppery, salty, rusty smell of blood and that's when everything went black.

When I came back to life I was laying on the floor with Damon straddling me. Both Elena and Klaus sat on the floor beside us, looking worried.

"Hey Love, welcome back!" Damon smiled and pulled a bloodstained sleeve of his shirt down. What? Had he given me his blood again?

I drew breath and felt the scent of my own blood; I groaned. "It reeks!"

Damon laughed dark. "Smells delicious to me..." His eyes were not full blown vampire red, but on its way to get there.

I groaned again.

"I didn't want to strip you naked in this company." He added and I looked at the worried faces around me.

"The blood is on your shirt, the wound is healed," Elena said in an attempt to comfort me.

"Get it off!" I almost barfed. "GET IT OFF!" I shouted, and was hauled to my feet in an instant. Damon ripped up my shirt with a grin, making the buttons rain in every direction and then tore it off me.

"You want me to get that as well?" He asked with a smile and a gesture down at my bra. I glanced down and noticed that one of the bra-strap was torn just where Klaus finger had ripped my skin, but the wound was healed. That was amazing!

Damon unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it on me now, smiling.

I spun around and glared at Klaus. "You owe me a shirt, claw-boy!" I couldn't really decipher his expression to be mostly surprised or in awe.

"Maybe you shouldn't interfere when vampires fight!" He replied angrily, and I couldn't do anything else than agree. Who did I think I was?

Damon turned me to face him again. He stroked his thumb by the corner of my mouth. "Still drooling, vampire girl." My hand flew up to the other side of my mouth, wiped it and inspected the hand to realize he was right. I moaned, embarrassed.

"Hello, brother!" Elijah stood suddenly in the room next to Stefan.

"What's going on?" Stefan wanted to know as Klaus started to cough, trying not to choke totally on the Scotch he just swallowed. "Wha... wh..."

"I believe the phrase you're looking for is WTF?" Elijah said calm.

"How did you get out?" Klaus spat, but then realised. "Of course - Stefan," he added with an angry face.

Stefan was still more interested in knowing what was going on with me standing there with blood smeared on my face.

"Interfering in a vampire-fight will only make you bleed." Klaus said with a gesture at me and turned his eyes on Stefan. "You should know, after all you were the one who taught me some of my best tricks..."

Stefan just shrugged his eyebrows in acknowledgement for a moment. He seemed to think I was in no trouble, because he turned to Klaus again. "I want to know why you thought I would help you, and I'm going to get what leverage I can."

"I'm not here to give you grief," Klaus tried to explain.

"Yet that's what seemed to happen every time you show up here in Mystic Falls." Stefan's voice was cold and detached as he spoke to Klaus, standing with his arms crossed over his chest.