Welcome home party

Written 2012 by VeGirl

We all got just about to get out of the Grill when Stefan stopped Lexi with a hand on her chest in the door. "You can't go out, it's daylight!"

"But I've got my mood-ring from -75," she said with a pout and held up her hand with an innocent look on her face. Then she walked right out in the sunshine.

"Lexi!" Stefan's voice was full of concern.

She held up her new Lapis Lazuli-ring. "How long have I been nagging you for one of these nifty little daylight-rings?" She glared at him. "A hundred years?" Her tone was really sarcastic.

Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Maybe I should have gone with the other brother all along?"

She was really provoking him now.

"Oh, you mean the one that killed you?" Stefan snarled.

"Yes, but he brought me jewellery," she replied and was looking flirtatious at Damon who wiggled his fingers in that special wave of his with an additional wink. I was afraid Stefan would really throw a fit.

"What the hell is happening? Damon killed you! And you're my friend, not his. You have always been my friend!"

Lexi was now laughing, jumping up and down and hugged Stefan. "You're back; you broke through the emotional block!" She hugged him again. "I knew you could do it! Good job Elena, with the vampire rehab!"

"It was mostly Damon's gain," Elena said and Lexi spun around and looked surprised at Damon again.

"You're growing on me, boy!" she smiled and her eyes glittered like diamonds.

"Actually, Stefan made a deal with Klaus to break the compulsion; it was all his own doing! I have to give the credit to him, even though I kicked his butt for it, at first."

"I'm proud of you!" she said. "Okay, feelings-breakthrough - check, what's left? I know - How to make Stefan smile!" she said with her special smile. "One-on-one, ripper-rehab!"

"Oh no, I'm not your little project!"

"Oh, yeah!" She had such a smile on her face; it was a delight to watch her. "Come on now, let's go home!"

We all got in Damon's car and went home to the boarding house.

"So, when did you get rid of the compulsion?" Lexi asked curious in the car.

"It was after your little guest performance," Stefan said smiling. "You remember the torture in the dungeon." His voice got a sour tone.

"Yes!" she said satisfied. "And it wasn't the first time I have fixed you!" Her smile only made him sigh. The rest of us laughed.

"We need a party!" We had just got out of the car and headed inside.

We turned and looked at Lexi. Her fabulous smile lit up the room. We looked at each other with changing expressions.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Damon had his wicked smile on.

Elena look flickered between Lexi and me and her smile grew. "Sure, we could use a little celebration."

"You better call vampire-Barbie; I heard she can throw great parties." Damon looked at Elena and both eyes flickered to Stefan. "I don't really remember the last party too well since my ripper-douche-bag for brother was kind of a party-pooper, killing my girlfriend and all..."

Stefan glared at him.

"You have no such plans for tonight, have you?" I asked with a mix of sarcasm and seriousness. He just looked at me, and I couldn't really say if it was only annoyance or perhaps a little ounce of guilt in it.