Busted

Written 2012 by VeGirl

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I want to start with saying; Thank you! to bethany_333 and BeautyDahliaxox for you encouraging comments. Hope you'll enjoy!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I had such a good feeling when I came to life the next morning, like when you had a good dream and really don't want to wake up. The first second I opened my eyes, they met Damon's ice blue, observing me. "How is it possible for you to wake up and look this good?"

"It isn't, you're just half asleep," I mumbled smiling, half asleep myself.

"Come here, I like this dream." He pulled me closer to him.

"Me too," I mumbled, terrified that I would wake up for real one day.

We kissed and I was once again blown away by the passion that he awoke in me. I was ready to stay in bed for the rest of my life, but Damon broke off our kiss, gasped and just looked at me. "How did you get into my life?" He looked straight in my eyes with such a serious face I was almost afraid not to answer him. I'd only seen that face on him on my tv, when he was compelling someone.

"Vervain necklace, compulsion won't work," I mumbled, looking straight at him with a small smile.

"I'm not trying to compel you," he said a little annoyed, but smiled and continued to kiss me along my neck and my head started to spin. His lips found mine again and my thought got incoherent.

"You compelled me a long time ago as I watched you on my TV," I mumbled without thinking about anything else than his lips against mine.

"TV?" he whispered.

My blood ran cold, I had slipped. I cut off the kiss and stared at him.

"What do you mean?"

I just kept staring wide-eyed at him. Could I really tell him the truth? Did I have any other choice than to tell him the truth? I had never been good at lying and he had been very honest with me... I sighed. "The Vampire Diaries is a TV-show. It's about Damon and Stefan and about a girl named Elena," I confessed with another sigh. "It's about your life."

"No it's not."

"Yes, it is. That's why I know so much about you."

He looked at me like he still didn't believe me, like I would laugh and tell him it was all a joke. Slowly he looked more puzzled than humorous about it. "No, you're kidding. That's way too weird!"

"When we met in the bar the other night, I called you Mr Somerhalder. That's the name of the guy who plays the part of you. I was freaked out, remember? That's 'cause this is too weird," I said, gesturing between him and me. "It's way too weird that you are real."

"I am real!"

"These days have convinced me I promise, but how could this be then? Could there be cameras around your house? Could someone make this whole show up?" My head was spinning from all possibilities and the relief that I finally had told him.

I was suddenly on my feet. "I need a computer." I had to check out the CW network site, Netflix or perhaps YouTube to see if 'my reality' was real or if I was the one who was imaginary, I told him.

He pulled out an ipad from his nightstand and had started it and 'Binged' CW in no time. The website showed all the shows I recognised, Gossip Girl, Supernatural and the Secret circle, but I didn't find the Vampire Diaries anywhere.

How could that be? This was one of their top favourite shows.

"Wait a minute!" I reached for the ipad and took over. I googled 'Ian Somerhalder' and clicked to see pictures of him. Yes, there he was!

I looked at Damon, his eyebrows were furrowed.

"You think this guy looks like me?" he said dubiously.

"Yes!" I said, even though I noticed that the pictures where mostly from his footage as a model and from Lost. In fact, there wasn't one picture form TVD. I typed in IMDb and looked up his name, but there was no information that he had been involved with my favourite show. WTF?

"He doesn't really look like me..." Damon sounded doubtful, but was on the verge of believing me.

"Yes he does, sweetie," I objected calm. "But he isn't you," I added with a smile, really wanting to calm things down. Well okay, maybe I wanted to calm myself down.

"So you obviously know a lot about me, or rather us..." He talked slow and seriously. "About Andie and about Katherine..."

"And Rose..."

There was pain in his eyes, but just for a brief moment.

"And the kiss from Elena when you were about to die." I could hear the slightly bitter tone in my own voice and that blew me off for a bit. He just looked at me with an astonished look in his face.

"They have shown scenes from your room..." I said thoughtfully.

"There are cameras in my bedroom?"

That's when it hit me; what if there really were cameras around his house. What if it was some kind of a reality show? My mind instantly went to the Truman-show. I never enjoyed that movie much, but the concept of it, now filled my mind.

"What?!" Damon wanted to know.

"What if someone really is filming your every move..." I pondered.

"Who would do that? Klaus?"

"No..." I said thoughtfully. "No, he didn't know about Elena being alive... It must be someone else." I was thinking so hard, my head hurt. "If we could get the transmission signal maybe we could find out..." I was thinking out loud.

I got the YouTube site up and searched for the Vampire Diaries; immediately I got a lot of hits.

"Look, there you are!" I said and started a trailer from the pilot show.

He snatched the ipad from my hands and just stared at a couple of scenes first when Stefan and Elena met and then between him and Stefan. He just stared with his mouth open. "What the hell?" The same incredulous look was on me. "Is someone spying on us?"

I just raised my eyebrows and shrugged lightly as some sort of vague answer.

"We have to get back to Stefan!"

"Wait a minute!" I interrupted him. "We have to find out where the cameras are located first." I was suddenly rational and started next clip. "If this is reality-tv, then you have cameras in the parlour, in Stefan's room and in your room..."

Damon stared at the clip that showed him kissing Elena, no - Katherine, on Elena's porch. His eye flickered to me.

"Yes, I knew about that..." I just said, "But you need to focus now! We have to have a plan!" I was asking about a piece of paper for us to sketch the boarding-house on, but instead he went out of the room and came back with the actual floor-plans of the house. I looked amazed at him.

"I was the one who had the architect compelled to design it." He shrugged. This was luckily a copy of it, and not the original so we took a pencil and started to mark spots where we estimated the cameras to be. My knowledge was actually helpful and it felt like such a release for me to have gotten the truth off my chest.

"There are cameras in Elena's house, in the living room and in Elena's and Jeremy's bedroom, and in Caroline's, Matt's and in Tyler's house... and the Grill... and oh, in Alaric's apartment." I was thinking while we looked at a few more video clips. I gasped as a clip from Damon's car was shown. We had to find it before they were on to us knowing.

We both got our clothes on and darted out of the house in no-time.

"Stop, we must be discrete!" I hissed before we reached the car. "Maybe in the rear-view mirror?" I suggested and he got in the car, careful looking like he was adjusting the mirror and looking behind the anti-dazzle shield. He found the tiny little camera and crushed it between his fingers. I got an idea and fetched a towel and started to clean the cars windows, finding another small camera, which Damon crushed as well.

"Now we can go home to Stefan!" I said and we packed up our stuff and headed out of this paradise.

.