Love at first sight

Written 2012 by VeGirl

The rest of the day people were walking around, trying to put things together and a little redecorating was necessary. Piece by piece things were getting normal again in the house and people were heading out of there.

"Miss Palm," Klaus said as I met him in the hallway.

"Claws," I replied.

"What is it about you?" Klaus voice was sinister at once. "What did you do to wrap the bad Salvatore around your finger?" His eyes were narrowed and felt like laser beams. "What make you speak to me with such an attitude and get away with it?"

I had already swallowed hard before his last words. Now I just looked confused at him, what did he mean?

"Everyone else is absolutely terrified for me; for good reason I might add. But you are not." His voice sounded ominous.

"I would be... if vampires were real," I said silent.

His eyes were huge as he gawked. "Pardon me?" He stared at me for a moment. "Do you want me to show you that vampires are real?" His tone was sinister and then everything went black.

I woke up sometime after and I had no idea how long I had been out. I looked around in a white room I didn't recognise, where I laid on a couch.

"Good morning, sleepy head," I immediately recognized Klaus' voice and sat up.

"What happened and where am I?"

"You're in my house."

"Why?"

"I wanted to spend some time alone, to get to know you."

"I hate to repeat myself, but why?!"

He deflected my question. "So what do you think about my new house?" he said with a gesture around. "Rebekah and I found this house; we thought it was quite impressive."

"So that's where you have been," I mumbled.

"So you missed me, did you?" He made a quirky smile and turned me to face him. I knew I wasn't supposed to look in his eyes and I didn't. Did I have my magic necklace on? I couldn't remember. And would it really work?

"Emma..." he cooed. "Look at me."

I focused on his lips and noticed that he had actually really nice full lips, and dimples appeared on his cheeks when he smiled.

His eyes were like powerful magnets and it didn't matter how hard I focused, I couldn't avoid his blue eyes for long. They were so amazingly blue and had little brown streaks in them and it felt like I got lost in them.

"You love me," he said and I just smiled at him.

"You have beautiful eyes." I said in a daze. He smiled and that made me smile back at him.

"Emma..." he said slowly. "Has everything you told us been the truth?"

"Yes," I answered.

"Is there anything you have not told me?" he asked and I nodded, unable to say anything else than the truth.

"What have you not told me, love?" His tone was soft and seductive, but his face changed expression as I told him about my favourite TV-show home in Sweden.

"You have seen me on TV?!"

"Yes, you or the actor Joseph Morgan," I answered and I could almost hear a meditative sound in my voice as I revealed all my secrets.