Reunion

Written 2012 by VeGirl

We dropped Elena off at the Boarding House and lodged Lexi in my hotel room, where she took a well needed shower and borrowed some of my clothes till we could get her some new ones. We had made our best to keep her up to date to what had been going on during the year and what we were facing, and we were all anxious to know how things had worked out today.

"So Stefan knows nothing about me?" Lexi was amazed by this.

"No that was all me."

"Who are you?" she asked teasingly and laughed. "It's nice to meet this new and improved Damon. Is this your doing?" She turned towards me.

I was blown away. "Me? Absolutely not! We've only known each other for..." I tried to count the days, but couldn't.

"A couple of days," Damon said smiling at me and I gave him a demure smile back.

"Naaw... Damon in love!" she taunted. "I never thought I'd see the day."

Both Damon and I stared at each other and at her. She had really lost it! Love? Attraction and sex I could agree that we had, but this really screwed with our heads.

The three of us went shopping together and I was really happy to get to know Lexi. She had been one of my favourites on the Vampire Diaries and I rolled my eyes just thinking about me sitting at home watching these wonderful people.

"What happened to your master plan?" Lexi asked Damon. "Did you get Katherine out of the tomb; that was it, wasn't it?"

Damon drew a deep breath. "It turned out she was never in there."

"I told Stefan I'd kick her ass if I saw her," she laughed and recieved a face with barely raised brows from Damon. "The bitch! I'm so glad you've found someone to care for," she continued and hooked her arm in mine with a beeming smile.

Now and again there were questionable glances between Damon and me that hadn't been there before, and I knew it had to do with Lexis statement. I had a bit of trouble chewing it down, so clearly it was worse for Damon. It was sheer joy though to watch this gorgeous girl be ecstatic about feeling the sun on her skin. She was actually jumping around and just sparkled with joy.

"Damon, my hero!" she exclaimed and added a bit sourly. "That's something I never thought I would say; especially since the rooftop experience."

"I knew you would, sooner or later. But I didn't think it would be over a ring," he said in his best flirtatious tone. I felt a pang of jealousy over all they had experienced in their past together, but I had barely one week with him.

Lexi took me arm-in-arm again and we walked to the closest clothes store. That helped my jealousy; retail therapy.

Lexi was as feisty, sarcastic and funny as I remembered her and I really liked her in this real life, or what the heck this was; it sure felt real.

"So, what do you think I should wear for homecoming?" she asked me and I could only laugh.

"As long as we don't have to throw you a coming out-party," I joked.

She laughed. "Last I checked I was still into guys, one particular guy," she added with a serious expression.

She found some pants, tops, a skirt and new heels, but was surprised when Damon pulled out the wallet and paid for everything.

"What? Are you going for the guy-of-the-year award? Emma, we should pick something out for you too."

"Then we're going to the lingerie store." He finally gave me one of those flirting looks that I really had withdrawal symptoms from not getting the whole day.