The real nightmare

Written 2012 by VeGirl

~ ~ Authors Note ~ ~

I want to thank all of you who has supported me with votings and encouraging comments. It has been an adventure to write this and it has been fantastic to upload it here. By the time I'm uploading this chapter I have already 2500 reads and 82 votes and that is amazing. Thank you!

Okay guys, are you ready? Here comes the last chapter. xo, VeronicaGirl

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I woke up with a pounding headache. Dear God, why did I drink so much yesterday? Well, it was a party...

My hand fumbled carefully for the pile of books that was the nightstand on my side of Damon's bed to get the bottle of aspirin. I was certain I had placed it there yesterday, but something wasn't right. Something was wrong!

I didn't want to open my eyes, but to find my aspirin I had to. That's when I realised I was in my hotel room.

What?!

I thought I went to sleep in Damon's bed. I was sure I went to sleep in Damon's bed, curled up in his arms. How could I be back in my room?

I looked around, expecting to see Damon softly snorting next to me. Instead I found a bed next to mine and in it lay my friend Anna, sleeping.

"Anna?! You're here?"

She snapped her head up and stared at me. "What?" she said sleepily.

"You're here!" I said extatic and hurried over to her bed to hugged her.

"Of course I'm here! Why wouldn't I be?" she looked at me, with a puzzled look on her sleepy face.

My headache made its precence known. "What do you mean; I had to go on my own due to your operation..." I squinted my eyes at her and tried to form coherent thoughts.

"What operation? Emma, you're scaring me!"

"What?" I didn't understand anything and on top of that my head was threatening to explode. "I need aspirin!"

"I need sleep," she murmured and put the pillow over her head.

I went to the bathroom while thoughts swirled around in my head, took a couple of aspirin and then slumped back in bed. Not even half a minute later I bounced back up again. "What do you mean? You had to take your appendix out, that's why I had to go on my own!"

"I took my appendix out three months ago..." she mumbled from under the pillow. "Go back to sleep!"

I sat down on my bed and my head was spinning. What the hell, was I back in my life?!

Oh, no! Damon wasn't in my life, had he never been in my life? Had everything just been a dream?

Anna suddenly sat up in her bed. "What is wrong with you? Did you hit your head?"

I stared at her.

"We arrived from the airport last night and jetlag is killing me."

Tears started to pour down my cheeks, I just couldn't stop them. "That's not true, that can't be true! This cannot be happening!"

My friend just stared confused at me.

"I'm broken, but who can fix me now?" I just cried and cried while curling up in a foetal position on the bed.

Anna came and sat beside me on the bed. "Emma, I don't understand! Was it a dream, a nightmare?"

What could I say? I just cried.