Reinforcement is coming

Written 2012 by VeGirl

The next morning Alaric showed up with the computer-genius and they set up an office in a room next to the kitchen, careful not to being caught by the camera that still was recording in the parlour. I had never been especially technically interested, and was a bit in awe of his handling of the computer and everything hooked up to it. Alaric seemed to be well-grounded in the computer world, because he had interesting discussions with Jay, the computer-wizard.

"So you think it would be fairly easy to find out who's doing this to us?" Stefan asked him, casually leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Well, maybe not easy," he said smiling. "But since you picked the right guy, I think we're gonna find out which IP-address they're using." He beamed confident and Alaric looked pleased with the guy, shooting follow-up questions in rapid speed. They were getting into the real technical stuff and I was way out of my league there. Instead of standing on the side, feeling like a complete idiot, I left the room.

In the parlour, Katherine and Elena sat in the couches across from each other. I first asked if I disturbed, but they said I was welcome to join them. It felt weird to sit there with these identical women. I had actually gone to school with a couple of girls who were identical twins. This was much weirder.

There wasn't much of a conversation going on, so when Damon strolled into the room and went up to the table with liquor to pour himself a whiskey, Katherine held up her finger. "I'll have one of those!"

"Right away, miss Katherine!" Damon was mocking her, but still brought her a glass of whiskey and then popped down on the couch by my side.

"So, you're still keeping this one for a pet?" She looked nonchalantly at me.

"Katerina!" Elijah reprimanded her and she immediately looked away.

What?!

Damon, Elena and I tried not to gasp. I hadn't even seen him come into the room, he had just appeared. Was Katherine really on his leash? That was too astonishing to even consider. We bit our tongues and chose not to comment.

"Elijah." Damon started to talk about something completely different. "Since I'm about to help you, and your family, I need some help in return," he said and I remembered that he had never trust Elijah's help with the sacrifice.

"How can I be of your service? I really want to!" Elijah said cynically.

"Would you please come with me?" Damon worked hard to ignore the comment and led him to the kitchen. I immediately understood what kind of help he wanted.

Left on the couch sat us three girls, with not much to talk about. Except, of course... "So Katherine, have you any clue to your relationship to Elena?"

Katherine almost choked on the whiskey and Elena stared shocked at me.

"I'm sorry, but we're all dying to know." I shrugged, actually feeling a little cocky, that was probably a mistake...

"But Emma, this might not be either the place or the time to discuss this," Elena interrupted with a look in her face that reminded me of the camera still placed in the ceiling.

"Yes, you're right Elena. I'm sorry Ii didn't mean to cause trouble," I apologized.

There was a knock on the door and I took it as my cue to leave. Outside stood Caroline and Tyler and I welcomed them inside.

Right on time Klaus came walking down the hallway and nodded at me. "Interference-girl."

"Claw-boy!" I replied cocky and it looked like he almost smiled.