Chapter 46:

EPILOGUE: 8 years later...

*********

Aubree

"Chris, give me back my bookbag! Ugh, Ms. Aubree!" Emily, one of my preschoolers whined calling my name.

"Chris," I said giving him a look and before even having to say anything he apologized and gave her back her bag.

This is what I deal almost everyday with my little kiddies. Even though kids can be a handful sometimes I love them and I love my job. After I finished school I started working at the daycare that I had my kids in.

"You need to teach everybody else that look." Ms. Jennny, my boss, said coming up next to me. "Chris ignores everybody else the first time."

I laughed, "His mom said the same thing."

"Did you think about my offer?" She asks.

"Are you sure like completely sure? You told me your dream was to own a daycare, you wanna give that up to me?" I ask.

"That was my dream, which was a complete success. So now my dream is to pass it along to someone with the same passion as me. You said it's your dream to own your own one day. I'm basically handing it to you, Aubree. You'll be living another part of your dream and so will I. I'll be a retiree traveling the world, knowing the daycare is in good hands."

"What do you say?" She asks. "We can get all the paperwork started as soon as you say when."

"I'm ready if you are, Ms. Jenny. Thank you, really."

"No, thank you." She said.

While she's living her second dream in life of being able to retire young and travel the world I'll be living another part of mine. I won't just be working at a daycare anymore, I'll own it.

"Chris!" I heard Emily yell bringing me back to reality.

I smiled rolling my eyes before going to see what the problem was now.

"Y'all gonna sit in here while I run in to get y'all sister?" I ask to Londyn and Cree as I parked.

"Yeah, can I have your phone to play some music?" Londyn asks.

"Yeah, here." I said handing her the phone that was already plugged up.

"Ugh, nobody wants to hear her stupid music." Cree said from the back.

"Shut up." Londyn said.

"Y'all both shut up." I said before they could start arguing. Londyn is now 12 and Cree is 10 so arguing seems to be the normal for them most of the time.

"Mommy, I missed you." Zoe our four year old daughter said holding my hand as we walked back towards my car.

"I missed you." I said.

"Who are y'all talking to?" I asked Londyn and Cree when I opened the back door to let Zoe inside.

"Daddy." Londyn said.

"Let me talk!" Zoe yelled reaching for the phone.

"Wait." Cree said holding the phone away from her.

"Put it on speaker dummy." Londyn said.

I rolled my eyes taking the phone putting it to my ear.

"You hear them and their shit and you want another one? No way." I said shaking me head.

"One more, Bee." He said with a chuckle.

"Mommy, please." Zoe said reaching for the phone.

I gave her the phone letting her get a chance to talk. Spoiled. All of them.