Chapter 2

As soon as we get home, my phone starts to vibrate, it's Brooke.

Brooke has been my best friend since I don't even know when, very young. She moved down to this area once we graduated high school when I did. Somewhere along the way, her and Brad hooked up.

I'm living with Tuukka while going to school. I'm going to Boston University to become an athletic trainer, hopefully earning a spot with the Bruins in the future.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Where the hell is Brad? He isn't answering his phone."

"Um, he's right here." I look over at Brad. They are all circled around the computer looking at something.

"Let me talk to him." She demands, she seems upset over something.

"Brad." I hand Brad my phone.

"Who is it?" He asks.

"Your girlfriend." I say, and he rolls his eyes. It makes me wonder what's wrong.

"Hey." He says, getting off the stool and walking down to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

"What's up with him?" Tuukka asks, shutting the laptop screen.

"I don't know, Brooke sounded upset." I tell him.

"They got in a big fight last night." Tyler says.

"Over what?" I ask.

"I didn't hear any of it, I went to bed, but she came over and started getting in his face and there was a huge blow out yelling fight."

"Jesus, what brought that on?" Tuukka asks.

"I don't know, but it was pretty bad." Tyler says.

"They've never fought." I say, thinking of what could have brought it on, but I come up with nothing.

The door to the bathroom opens and Brad walks back into the kitchen, taking a seat on the stool and hands me my phone back. He stays silent.

"You alright?" Tyler asks him.

"I don't know." He puts his head down on the table.

"Brad tell us." I walk over next to Tyler, setting my hand down on Brad's back.

"We probably won't last for much longer, let's just say that." He lifts his head up and tears stain his eyes.

"What the hell happened?" Tyler asks as soon as he notices Brad's tears.

"We did shit the other night, she was fine until she went through my fucking phone and saw that I had a messages from my ex on there and now she's accusing me of just using her."

"Are you talking to your ex?" I ask.

"Once, and that was yesterday. She asked where Tyler was seeing they have a thing."

"Tyler has a thing with Hayley?" Tuukka asks, surprised.

"Yeah." Tyler laughs, a fake laugh though.

"Oh, that's nice." Tuukka looks away.

"Whatever, we break up, we break up, she obviously doesn't trust me." Brad says, wiping his eyes.

"She won't break up with you, she loves you Brad, she'll get over it." I assure him.

I would hate to have this be the reason of them breaking up, but I know how much Brooke loves him, and I don't think she could do that.

"I hope she doesn't." He says.

"Hey, Brad, let's go for a quick drive, Meghan and Tyler can stay here." Tuukka says grabbing his keys from the counter. Brad stands up and they head out to the garage. Now I'm left alone at home with a guy I've really only known for just a few hours.