Chapter 26

A couple days after Valentine's Day, Tyler and I called up about the apartment and scheduled a time around Tyler's schedule to go visit it before making a final decision.

When Tyler saw it, he instantly loved it. We settled on it and now, the start of March, are finishing up moving in.

"Brad no!" I shriek as he bumps into the box full of plates. Thankfully, Tyler was there to catch it. I exhale a sigh of relief and Tyler just laughs.

I've been stressed out with the whole moving out of the house and into somewhere new without a lot of Tyler's help due to his schedule and mine, and he knows it.

He's done his best with helping me stay calm and not have a mental breakdown.

On top of moving, Dad and I got in a fight so that's where some of the stress is coming from. He doesn't entirely agree on Tyler and I getting a place of our own this early in our relationship.

I don't entirely get the early part, but that's according to him. He knows how Tyler and I are and I thought he'd at least be more supportive and all, but it was just the opposite.

He thinks the world of Tyler, just not the idea of us moving in together yet, I guess.

"This place is coming along great." Stephanie and I sit down on the couch in the living room connected to the kitchen.

"It really is, thanks for all the help." I give her a hug.

"It's nothing really, I mean, you helped out when Patrice and I were moving in ours, why not help you and Tyler?"

We sit and watch as Tyler, Brad, Patrice, and Tuukka finish moving furniture. Then there's a knock on the door.

"I got it." I say, noticing Stephanie shift as if she was going to get up.

I walk over and open it, seeing Milan and Brittney standing there.

"Whoa, hi!" I say, surprised to see them.

"Tyler texted us the address." Milan says. That resolves my confusion as to how they knew.

"Gotcha, come in." I move out of the way for them to come in.

"This place is beautiful!" Brittney says while looking around.

"It is, I love it." I stand with Milan, arms crossed examining the apartment I now call home.

"How's everything going?" He asks, looking down at me.

"Good, pretty good."

"Have you talked to your dad?" I look at him with confusion. "Tuukka told me." He clears up.

"Oh yeah, no I haven't." I say.

"He's being a typical dad."

"What do you mean by that?" I look up at him.

"He's not ready to see you, his baby, really entering adulthood. I mean, here you are, moving into an apartment of your own and having the internship as your job, do you blame him?"

"Yeah, but he's all upset about Tyler being involved, maybe he doesn't like him like I think he does." I look away.

"No, I don't think it's that. I mean, your moving in with your boyfriend too, that's why, not that he doesn't like him."

"I hope so." I sigh.

He gives me a hug and light kiss on the top of my head before joining Brittney, who's chatting it up with Stephanie and Patrice.

I sneak my way over to Tyler, who's just about to open the box of plates he saved from getting knocked over by Brad earlier. I wrap my arms around him from behind, making him jump a little before realizing it's me.