Chapter 17

"Oh my goodness where is she?" I hear a woman ask.

"She's in here." Tyler turns and looks at me, motioning me over.

I feel my nerves truly kick in, but my feet lead me to Tyler.

A blonde woman, a teenage girl, who can't be much younger than us with blonde hair, and a younger girl with blonde hair. Tyler's mom's face lights up.

"Oh my gosh Meghan, you're beautiful!" She shrieks as she pulls me into a hug.

I look at the two girls standing behind her and they quietly giggle. I smile at them.

"Thank you, come in." I stand back, into Tyler, and let them enter.

"I hope my son told you my name at least, he's not always the brightest." She laughs.

"Mom." Tyler quickly responds, giving her a shocked look. I can't help but laugh.

"Yes he did, Jackie. And you two must be Candace and Cassidy?" I point to them. They nod and smile.

"Yeah, I'm Candace and she's Cassidy." The older one says.

They both are really pretty. Cassidy catches me by surprise and gives me a hug. I feel bad for not hugging Candace, so I do. We both laugh. I stand with the girls as Tyler talks with his mom. I see him glance over and smile.

"You're so pretty, I'm jealous." She laughs.

"You clearly haven't looked at yourself." I respond.

"Oh my god." She rolls her eyes and laughs.

"How is it dating my brother?" Cassidy asks. I laugh.

"It's amazing. Your brother is the best guy." I smile.

"That's a first." She says quietly and I laugh. Once I laugh, she laughs.

"You're Tuukka's sister right?" Candace asks.

"Yeah."

"That's what Tyler told us. Mom was so excited to meet you, it was scary." She laughs.

"To be completely honest, I was really nervous when he told me, he just told me today."

"He would wait until today. Mom told him a week ago." She shakes her head.

Leave it to my boyfriend to do that.

"How long are you guys staying?" I ask them.

"Only tonight, Mom has work tomorrow afternoon." Cassidy answers and I nod.

I wish I had more time to get to know them. I haven't even had a conversation with Jackie yet.

Just as I think that, she comes walking over with Tyler.

Tyler stands next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. I look up at him and he kisses my temple. Him and his mother exchange a look and he lets go of me.

"Come on my wonderful sisters, let's have some bonding time." He wraps his arms around their necks and goes down in the basement.

"Hey Jackie!" Brad calls from the couch.

"Hello Brad, hi Tuukka." She waves.

"Hey!" He waves.

"Is there somewhere we can go?" She asks me quietly.

"Yeah, outside on the back deck? It's not too cold is it?" I walk over to the back slide doors.

"Oh not at all, perfect." She says.