Chapter 7

Classes are over for the week, they seemed like they dragged on, this whole week and a half has dragged on.

I meet up with Brooke by Tuukka's truck, since it has more room then my car, and we get ready to drive to the airport to pick up the boys.

"It's been so weird without Brad around." Brooke says.

"Yeah, that's the thing about the beginning of hockey season, you get so used to them being home and then when they have away games."

"Must be really different for you now though. Not only is your brother going to be gone, your boyfriend is too."

"Yeah, I'll get used to it, going to have to." I shrug.

"How did you guys even get together?" I can see we are going to be having this kind of drive.

"Just kind of happened."

"Just kind of happened? What do you mean by that?" She laughs.

"I don't know! Just did. We fell for each other after 2 days and, well, here we are."

"I think you guys will last." She looks out to the road in front of us.

"I hope so." I say.

I wonder what will actually happen in Tyler and I's future together. Will we last? Will he even keep his promise? Everything so far about him is so different from Cody it's funny. Tyler is such a better guy compared to Cody. Tyler is definitely not afraid to show affection in front of others, and definitely is not hesitant about doing stuff together.

"Did I tell you who I saw two weeks ago?" I ask her.

"No, you didn't. Who?"

"Cody, and his new prize." I look over at her.

She rolls her eyes in disgust.

"How did that go?"

"I was with Tyler, thank god. He tried acting like he didn't recognize me at first, but I knew he knew who I was the whole time that dumbass. Wait until you hear this one, guess who his new girlfriend that he had the baby with is?"

"Who? Someone we know?" She asks, excitement in her voice.

"Tyler's ex."

"You're kidding right?"

"I kid you not. Her name is Laynee."

"Okay, in all seriousness, how weird is this? I mean honestly, your ex cheated on you with his ex and then you two end up together." She says with hand gestures.

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Oh my fucking god Meghan, that is so weird! I couldn't imagine ever having that happen to me!" She shakes her head.

"In a way it is like a punch in the face to Cody, one that I have upgraded and two that I'm over him, which feels amazing by the way."

"It took up until you being with Tyler to finally get over him?" She glares at me.

"Brooke, you do realize what we had right? We were together for a long time, and now that I have Tyler, yes."

"Meghan, you are so stupid. He treated you like complete shit."

She's right though. Every time I think about Cody, I think about how much he truly did treat me, but how come it just went over my head? I don't know, and I don't exactly care anymore.

"I know, it just went over my head. I know how bad he treated me looking back, but the fact that we were together for so long and how it ended just couldn't leave. I'm doing my best here. Tyler is really helping it." I smile.