Chapter 27

It's the first day of spring break, even though I've still got to do the internship.

I was hoping for this to be a lazy morning, being able to sleep in before Tyler gets up and goes to morning skate before the matinee against the Caps at one then going out for Tuukka's birthday afterward, but no.

Both Tyler and I are woken up to my phone going off. I sit right up and quickly grab it, shutting up the noise so Tyler can go back to sleep. It's still dark outside as I glance over to the window.

"Sorry babe, I'll go check who it was." I whisper to him, pushing his hair back and kissing his forehead. He smiles before shutting his eyes and pulling the covers over his head.

I lazily stumble out to the living room, leaning against the arm of the couch as I see who called. Dad.

"What the fuck could he want at three in the fucking morning." I mumble to myself angrily aloud.

I have yet to talk to him since our little argument. I decide on calling him back though.

"Way to answer your phone Meg." He tries acting mad, but the sarcasm is clearly there. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Do you blame me? It's friggen three in the morning Dad." I snap, trying to keep my voice down.

"I'm aware of the time, and Tuukka must not have told you."

"What was he supposed to tell me?"

"I'm on my way down as we speak, along with Aunt Katie. I'm coming to the game with you and spending the day with you two before going back." I fight the urge to tell him I don't really want to see him, since he has yet to apologize for fighting with me.

"Well that's nice." I chew at my nail.

"You don't sound impressed, why's that?"

"Dad, I'm not in the mood." I'm getting annoyed, not only because of him, but I'm tired.

"Lose the attitude Meghan." There's a slight sternness in his voice, but it seems to pass me.

"Dad, Tyler is trying to sleep since they have practice in a matter of hours and calling me at three in the morning when I'm tired and not really impressed with you is a bad idea on your part." I snap, once more trying to be quiet, but I fail.

Tyler lazily walks out of the bedroom, shirtless and in his boxers, rubbing his eyes.

"Not really impressed with me?" He continues and at this point, it doesn't take me too much longer to flip out at him, even if it means doing it over the phone.

"You know exactly why." I don't even care about my tone of voice or volume it has since Tyler is awake.

"No actually Meghan, I don't." I feel myself tensing up, and Tyler, as sleepy as he is, notices and quickly brings me into his arms, calming me down.

"I'm going to bed."

"Alright, well-"

"Bye." I hang up on him.

I toss my phone on the couch and just tighten my arms around Tyler. He repeatedly kisses my forehead, calming my anger quickly.

"Let's go back to bed." I grab his hand, walking back to the bedroom and crawling back into bed. I rest my head on his bare chest as he plays with my ponytail.

"I'm guessing that was your dad." Tyler says after a minute or two of silence.

"Yeah."

"Let it go."