Chapter 13

I wake up to my phone vibrating. It's a strange number, but I get up and answer it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Meghan Rask?" A female voice asks.

"Yes it is. Who is this?"

"I'm Amy Peters, I work for the internship program at the university. I understand you're interested in doing an internship with an athletic trainer, specifically hockey and possibly with the Boston Bruins?"

"Yes I have been."

"Well we have been able to grant you that. You are going to be working with trainer Don DelNegro, the Bruins' head trainer, on pay."

"Thank you so much! Wait, pay?"

"Yes, this will be a paid internship, and the crew even said if you are good, they will hire you, of course that being after you finish schooling. You're a sophomore correct?" The news about this being a paid internship surprises me.

"Yes, I'm a sophomore, but I took a lot of college classes to build up to this in high school so every year I take a lower amount of classes then most."

"That was a smart idea. Yeah, they could hire you before you graduate if they wanted to, but you need a diploma and to be certified, which this internship will do."

"Alright, so when do I start?"

"January, just as school starts up. You will still have to come to school when you have classes, but the rest of the time will be spent with the trainer and team when there's work. I know you are pretty close with most of the team so it should be nothing new to you to be around them, just that now you are working with them, this is your job, treat it like a job because it basically is "

"Don't worry, I will."

"Alright, well I will let you go then. If there's anything you need, questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at this number."

"Thank you Amy, bye."

"Bye bye." She hangs up.

I jump in joy at the news. I've been waiting for this moment for two months now. And it will be a paid internship. Just before school started, I quit my job at a restaurant because the boss was a douche and a pig, he was always hitting on me.

"Meg?" Tyler wakes up.

"Oh my god Ty!" I jump onto the bed and crawl on top of him.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks as I straddle him. He tries sitting up, but I basically have him pinned.

"I got the internship!" I bounce in excitement. He grabs my hips and holds them down.

"Oh Jesus, don't do that. Congrats baby." I laugh when I realize what I did.

He leans up and kisses me, but I lean down, his head lying back down on the pillow, and move my tongue to his. I don't even hear the bedroom door open.

"Was I interrupting something?" Brad's voice startles me as I sit back up.

"No, I got the internship." I say, laughing in embarrassment.

"Oh, more time with the team, how sweet. Now I hate to interrupt, but your boy toy has practice in an hour and a half so he should probably start getting ready." He points to Tyler and turns and leaves. We laugh.

"Boy toy, huh?" Tyler grins.

"My one and only." I kiss his soft lips and get off of him.

He gets up and goes in the bathroom. I go downstairs.