Chapter 21

After we land and get everything, as soon as we get to the parking lot, I find myself running to the truck.

"Meghan!" Tyler calls once I reach the truck. I laugh as he slips on the ice a couple times.

I can't wait to go home, I'm such a home body. I love to travel, but I always look forward to going home at the end of any trip.

This trip was really great though, even though I wasn't with Tyler every minute of it, it was still nice. Fixed a friendship and created a new one. What else could have been better then that?

Tyler finally reaches the truck, throwing the suitcases in the back and we get in, letting it warm up for a few minutes since it's been sitting here in the airport parking lot since we left. I shiver a little as the vents release cold air.

"Here." Tyler takes of his jacket and covers my legs.

"Thanks, but you do realize it is going to heat up in a few minutes." I say. He just laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Oh shut up." He backs out and drives off, home bound.

Once we're parked and Tyler turns off the truck, I jump out, grab my suitcase, and dart to the house.

"We're home!" I announce loudly as I open the door.

No one answers.

"Hello?" I drop my bags and walk around the downstairs.

Everything is off and no sign of Tuukka or Brad.

"Tuukka? Brad?" I call down the basement stairs, then over to staircase.

Nothing.

"What are you doing?" Tyler closes the front door and sets his stuff down.

"Where are they?" I ask, walking over to him.

"Probably the optional practice they had scheduled for today, even though Coach isn't there, or me, Z, and Timmy."

"Oh," I sit down at a stool. "What time does it get out?"

"Anytime now I think. Why, do you miss them?" He laughs and hugs me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"A little bit." I laugh.

"You miss Brad? That's a first." Tyler laughs, giving me a kiss on the cheek and going to the fridge.

"Well, you know that Brooke is back in town, right?" As soon as the words come out of my mouth, he stops what he's doing and turns and faces me.

"And he was with her, wasn't he?"

"Yeah, but he said it went good."

"He's such an idiot, honestly Brad." He rolls his eyes.

"Whatever, he's getting himself into it Ty, I mean, I hope she's changed, but I don't know."

"Meg, you're not going to be friends with her." He looks at me seriously.

"I don't want to, but at the same time I do." I break eye contact with him.

"Meghan, no. Yeah, even if she's changed, haven't I heard this before?" His voice is getting aggressive, and I really don't like it.

"Tyler, you don't understand-"

"I don't understand? What don't I understand Meghan? Please, tell me. She's a fucking bitch, look what she did? If you're going to stand up for her, I don't want to hear it."

He's getting angry and frustrated, but there is no way he is going to act like this to me, because if he does, I swear, he will be gone.

"Tyler! Just shut the fuck up!" I practically yell. "Will you just listen to me?" I calm my voice down.