Chapter 32

Being away from Tyler, no matter how many days it may be, is never the same ever since we've been together. I never realize just how much time I spend with him until he isn't there, and that feeling is just about to start for however many days I stay with Mikayla here in Boston while Tyler goes up to Toronto.

"Did Mikayla say what time she'd be here?" Tyler asks, finishing up packing up his clothes. I sit on the bed watching as he does so.

"When I was texting her this morning, she said about 2, but it's 2:30 now." I say, glancing at my phone.

"She's obviously not an early person."

"Never has been." I laugh.

I help Tyler lug his bags out into the living room, placing them by the door. Not a minute after doing that, there's a knock on the door. Tyler's standing right beside it, so he opens it, Mikayla standing there, purse over her shoulder, pushing her sunglasses up onto the top of her head.

"Oh my god, you must be Tyler?!" She shrieks.

"And you must be Mikayla?" Tyler hesitates, looking over at me, a look on his face reading 'Help me' as she pulls him into an unexpected hug. I put a hand over my mouth, containing my laughter, watching Tyler awkwardly hugging my friend. She finally let's go and makes her way, quickly, over to me, wrapping me instantly into a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." She says, squeezing me.

"I've missed you too." I say as she let's go, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"It's been way too long, look at us, we aren't the right out of high school girls we were when we last saw each other." She steps back, crossing her arms across her chest, smiling.

"That's for sure. So much has happened, it's crazy." I say, glancing over at Tyler over Mikayla's shoulder. He grins and makes his way over, staying clear of Mikayla.

"Obviously, you have a friggen boyfriend!" She shrieks, gesturing her flailing arms towards Tyler, who wraps his around me from behind. I allow him to grab my hands, feeling his nerves tense up. I know, even if it might not seem like it on the surface, but deep down he wants to stay and wait for me to come up with him, but he has already got this all planned out with his mom, and I don't want to be the one to mess it up, we've worked it out.

"Of almost eight months." I say, turning my head up towards Tyler, who smiles down at me.

"That's great! You know how lucky you are to have my best friend as a girlfriend right?"

"I'm well aware." Tyler laughs, squeezing my hands.

"So you're going to Toronto?" Mikayla asks Tyler.

"Yeah, then guys can come up after doing whatever you guys do."

"Really? I've never been to Toronto, damn I'm excited, this is going to be great." Mikayla claps her hands together in excitement.

"In fact, I should probably get going if I want to make it there before too late and into the morning." Tyler let's go of me and walks toward the door. I follow him as he picks up his bags.

"You can stay here, make yourself at home, I'll be right back." I tell Mikayla as we head out the door. She waves as I close the door.

The walk to his truck is silent as I help him put his things in the back seat. We cleaned out the hockey stuff this morning and put it in the apartment. He opens the driver's side door and stands there, wrapping me in his arms.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" I ask him.

"I'm sure, my mom's already expecting me up there when I told her."