Chapter 3

Even though the Bruins ended up losing the season opener, they still had a great game. The opening ceremony was perfect.

"Good game guys." I tell them as we head out to the car to go home.

"Sucks that we lost though." Tyler sighs.

"You did good." I smile at him, keeping in mind what Tuukka told me.

Maybe I should consider him. I mean, he is very attractive for one thing, and he seems like a good guy. What am I thinking? He could find someone so much better then me, and he has a thing with Hayley, but wait, why would he say that I'm cute when he is kind of seeing her? Maybe Tuukka is right, he is crushing on me. For some odd reason, it feels nice that I'm the girl a guy wants over another, if it is even true.

"Thanks Tuuk, see you tomorrow." Brad says as we drop him and Tyler off at their place.

"Thanks Tuuk, bye Meghan." Tyler says, smiling as he gets out of the backseat. I smile and wave as he shuts the door. I crawl through the front seats into the passenger side.

"Jesus, I hate when you do that, you're too tall to do that shit now." He says as I smack my head on the roof of the truck.

"You're right, but I don't care." I laugh. He shakes his head and drives home.

"He likes you, I know it." Tuukka says, shutting the door behind him.

"I guess, whatever."

"Oh you're not denying it like you did earlier. Your feelings changing?" He torments.

"He's not bad, okay?" I feel myself blush at the topic. Maybe my feelings are changing.

"He asked me for your number." He pours himself a glass of water.

"And you gave it to him, didn't you?"

"Well yeah, trying to help the both of you out."

"The both of us?"

"Yeah, you need a guy who won't do anything to you and he needs someone who won't either."

"Who won't either? Has he been cheated on before?"

"Yeah, same thing happened to him as you. His ex got knocked up when she came down to Boston with him last year."

"Wait, last year?" Something isn't right here. Cody cheated on me last year and got a girl knocked up, it couldn't be.

"Yeah, same time as Cody, wait a second. holy fuck Meghan!" He's thinking the same thing I'm thinking. I can feel the tears coming on at the thought.

"It can't be Tuuk, oh my god!" He instantly wraps his arms around me. I cry into his shirt. It has to be.

"Cody and Laynee." He says quietly, thinking I can't hear him. It is. He cheated on me with some girl named Laynee.

"I'm sorry Tuuk. I can't think about this right now, I've got to go to bed, I've got classes in the morning." I say, pulling away from my brother and heading upstairs. He watches me.

"I can't believe it." I say to myself as I lay down in my bed.

"Fucking Cody." I get up, walk into my closet and throw the picture of him and I against the wall, shattering the glass in the frame. I hear my phone ring. I walk over and look at it. An unsaved number.

*Hey this is Tyler, your brother gave me your number :)*

*Hi, he told me.*

*Figured that. Hey I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow after your classes? I can bring you and pick you up afterwards?*