Chapter 16

"Good morning!" Brad calls from the kitchen as I make my way down the stairs.

Tyler is asleep on the couch, as I figured he would be since he didn't come back to bed during the night.

"Good morning Brad." I groan, taking a seat at the island.

"Would you like some coffee?" He asks, reaching in one of the cabinets.

"Yes please, why are you being so nice this morning? I guess getting drunk off your ass at night is good for you in the morning." I laugh as he passes me a cup of coffee.

"The day is young." He grins.

"Lovely. Is Tuuk up yet?" I take a sip of coffee, which is very good.

"He's taking a shower I think." He says, taking a seat next to me.

I hear a moan from the living room. Both Brad and I turn around and Tyler is rolling around on the couch, then he falls off onto the floor. I can't help but laugh, as does Brad.

"Morning sunshine!" Brad stands up.

I get up and walk over to Tyler. His eyes are barely open.

"Fuck, what the?" Tyler sits up on his knees, examining his surroundings. I laugh hysterically.

"You okay?" I ask, bending down and resting a hand on his back.

"Ugh, my head is fucking pounding." He rubs his face with his hands.

"Get on the couch, I'll get you some medicine." I help him up off the floor and sitting on the couch.

"Are you good too?" I look at Brad.

"Eh, grab me some too if you would, it's not bad yet." I nod and go into the bathroom, pouring some ibuprofen into my hand, and walking back out to the kitchen. I pour a glass of water for Tyler.

"Here." I place some pills in Brad's hand.

"Thanks." He pops them in and swallows them down with his coffee.

"Ty, give me your hand." I sit next to him on the couch.

He lifts his head up and holds out his hand in my lap. I put the pills in his hand and he puts them in his mouth, grabbing the water from my other hand.

"Thanks babe." He kisses my cheek.

"Do you want any coffee or anything?" I rub his knee.

"No, sleep is all I want right now." He lays back down on the couch.

I get up and go back out to the kitchen with Brad. A few seconds later, Tuukka's bedroom door opens and he comes out.

"Morning sis." He walks by us and down to the other bathroom and back out to the kitchen.

"You feeling okay?" I look up at him.

"Yeah, why?" He looks at me.

"These two are feeling it, especially Ty, I'm not yet."

"I barely had anything last night, oh and by the way, Dad is on his way down."

"Are you serious? He said he wasn't coming until the day after Christmas." I sigh.

"Well obviously things have changed. And besides, he's got my present for you." I see a faint grin on his face.

"Why would he have your present?"

"You'll see." He smiles. I'm so confused.

"Jesus, is he still asleep?" Tuukka asks as he walks by Tyler in the living room.