Chapter 15

"This is a nice place." Patrice says as we pull into the driveway where Torey's aunt, I think, lives.

Tyler and I drove with Patrice and Stephanie and Brad and Tuukka took Tuukka's truck. Everyone gets out and we walk up to the house, before we even ring the doorbell or at least knock, the door swings open.

"Just in time!" Torey cheers.

The guys shake his hand and pat his back, walking in. I give him a quick hug.

"Glad you could make it, some of the team is already here." He whispers in my ear and I smile.

"No problem, thank Brad, he's the one who sent out the message."

I find Tyler, who is with Brad, who has already found one girl, a short brunette. I notice her getting all flirty with Tyler, so I instantly wrap myself around Tyler. He wraps his arm around me and the girl looks me up and down, no expression on her face. I give her a fake smile and she whispers something in Brad's ear.

"I'll be back." He tells us and the girl wraps her arm around his.

"And there goes Marchy." Tyler says. I laugh.

"Back to his old ways." I say.

"Want to get something to drink?"

"Please." I sigh.

He laughs and keeps his arm around me as we walk to the table of drinks. He mixes up something and gives me a cup, and I instantly take a quick chug.

"Whoa, slow it down, you know how easy you get drunk off that shit." Tyler pulls the cup away from my mouth. I can't help but laugh.

We walk up to Tuukka, who is standing with Daniel Paille and Patrice.

"You going to have anything Tuuk?" Tyler nudges his arm.

"I might, I don't know yet. What about you Bergy and Paills?"

"I'm going to be DD, I don't know about you Paills." Patrice says.

"Probably, want to go get some?" Daniel asks.

"Yeah, let's go." And they walk away.

"Hey Meghan." Torey comes up to us. I turn in his direction.

"Hi."

"I want you to come meet some of my team." He nods his head in the direction of a group of guys that I assume are the ones he means. I look up at Tyler to get the 'OK' nod, which he does, and I smile and follow Torey over to the group.

"Guys, this is my friend Meghan." He announces to them. They all look at me, a couple check me out, but I ignore it.

"Well hello Meghan." One of them say.

"Damn." One of them whisper to another.

"Friend? Torey why haven't you latched onto this one?" One of them laugh and nudge Torey's arm.

I turn around, avoiding the awkwardness that is arising, to Tyler, hoping he is looking over here, but he isn't. I turn back around to the group.

"So you live here in Boston?" One of them ask.

"Yeah. My brother plays for the Bruins."

"No shit, really? Who is he?" One of them says.

"Tuukka Rask."

"Oh my god that's sick! Do you hang out with the team a lot?" Another says.

"Yeah, quite a bit."

"Are you single?" The same one who whispered 'damn'.

"No." I awkwardly laugh.

"Aw, well that's too bad. Is he here?"