Chapter 20

"Alright, I'm going to get going." Tyler gives me a kiss as he leaves for the All Star draft.

I'm staying back at the hotel with Torey.

"We'll be watching." I tell him as I give him a hug goodbye.

"Torey, keep her under control." Tyler says before shutting the door. I walk over and lock it.

"So why aren't you hanging out with your friends? I thought you said they came with you?" I ask Torey, sitting down on the opposite side of the couch then him.

"I'm always with them, I need a break. And why not spend some time with you and Tyler since you guys are here?" He says as if I should've known that.

"I feel special." I laugh, switching the tv channel to the All Star draft. There's still another hour and a half.

"We should make dinner, I'm pretty good when it comes to cooking." Torey hits my foot.

"You are? I'm quite the baker, well, the best I got is muffins, don't even ask me to make cookies unless you want biscuits or pancakes."

"I'll pass then. What do you say? Come on." He gets up and grabs his car keys.

"Where are we going?" I run into the other room to grab my moccasins.

I'm dressed comfy, leggings and one of Tyler's sweatshirts I've stolen recently, still smells of his cologne that I absolutely love.

"To run down to a store and get some stuff, hurry up." I hear the door unlock and open.

I hurry over and lock the door and walk past Torey as he shuts it.

"You've got a card for that right?" He asks as we walk down the hall.

"Shit, no! I forgot my phone and card in there. Tyler has the card." I start to flip out.

Torey just laughs.

"Torey it isn't funny! How are we supposed to get back in?"

"Meghan, I have a card, I saw yours and grabbed it. Do you want your phone?" He pulls the card from his pocket, I sigh in relief.

"No, I'll be fine."

"Alright let's go." We continue walking to the parking garage and find Torey's car and head into town.

"What are we even making?" I ask Torey as we unload the food.

"It's a surprise." He grins as he turns on the stove.

"But I thought we were going to work together?" I jump up and sit on the counter.

"Well, if I need it." He looks over at me. I simply fake drop my jaw.

"I see how it is Torey." He laughs, coming towards me and fills a pot full of water.

"Hey, the draft is on!" He points to the tv in the living room.

I jump off the counter and rush over to the couch.

"There's my boy!" I shriek as I see Tyler on the screen.

After about a half an hour, Torey comes in, handing me a plate full of spaghetti with chicken and some sort of fancy sauce on it.

"Whoa, thanks. Getting all fancy here." I look over at him as he sits down beside me on the couch. We watch the draft.

"Team Chara is loaded." Torey says, getting up and taking our plates to the sink.

"Where the hell is Tyler?" I focus on the tv, confused as to why he hasn't been chosen yet.