Chapter 9

"Wake up lazy ones, come help cook!" I hear my aunt's voice call from outside my bedroom door.

Thankfully she didn't open the door because as soon as I open my eyes, half my dirty bed set is lying in the middle of the floor and Tyler's pants are at the end of the bed on the floor. I roll over to get up, but Tyler wraps his arm and pulls me back down.

"You feeling better?" He asks, his morning voice raspy.

"So far." I say, kissing him on the cheek and standing up. It hurts to walk, but I think I'll be able to manage.

"Don't think I can't notice you." He watches me walk into the bathroom.

"What?" I laugh.

"I can tell it hurts." He gets up and follows me in. I didn't think losing your virginity would be this bad.

"It does. Is it supposed to hurt this bad Ty?" I look up. He rubs my back.

"Sometimes it does, guess it depends on the guy." He chuckles and push him away.

"You're not helping anything." I walk away from him.

"I'm sorry baby. You know, I feel terrible seeing you like this seeing it is my fault." He rubs the back of his neck nervously, looking down at the floor.

"It's fine Ty, we were going to at some point and the time was last night, horrible timing on your part seeing my fucking parents are here." I take a deep breathe.

"I don't like seeing my baby girl like this. Laynee wasn't a virgin before me so she didn't have this reaction, she was my first. And I didn't love her as much as I do you." He looks up at me, his eyes watery. I rush over to him.

"Ty, why are you crying?" I ask him, holding his broad shoulders.

"I'm not." He wipes his eyes, before laughing.

"If it's about all this, stop, I'm fine. Stop worrying about it. I'm just glad it happened with you." I smile and hug him tight. I mean it. I honestly could not imagine that moment with anyone else other than Tyler. I don't even want to begin to imagine if I had done it with Cody, especially knowing now where that relationship went down so hard. But then again, I don't know where Tyler and I will be in the future, but I'm not going to think about it, we are good now and I plan on it being like this for as long as I can.

"I didn't think it would hurt you that bad, I'm just scared more than anything." He hugs me back.

"Part of life. Now come on, we need to go downstairs." I let go and throw him his jeans. He pulls on his sweatshirt from last night and we go downstairs. As long as I don't think about the pain, it isn't bad.

"Took you long enough." Tuukka says, opening boxes of stuff.

"Yeah guys, what about last night?" Brad winks with a grin spread across his face. Tyler puts his finger to his lips. Brad mouths 'sorry'.

"What do you need help with?" I ask, examining everything.

"If you would help your brother with that god damn turkey that'd be great." My dad says, glancing over at Tuukka who is truly struggling. I walk over and get the scissors to open the wrapping.

"This should be good." Brad watches Tuukka and I prep the turkey.

"Alright, ready?" Tuukka asks as we get ready to lift it into the cooking pan.

"Ready."

"Okay, 1-2-3-" We lift it and everything goes good, surprisingly. Brad and Tyler clap their hands.