Chapter 5

Brad pulls into Meritage Restaurant on Legends Way. We get out and go in.

Tyler grabs my hand as Brad grabs Brooke's. Brooke and I walk in side by side. We are seated in a booth next to a window, Tyler and I facing Brooke and Brad.

"Double date finally!" Brooke says, excitement in her voice as she claps her hands. Her short blonde straight hair bounces.

"Finally." I say, looking up at Tyler. He smiles and grabs my hand under the table.

"Oh my god, it's pretty much best friends dating best friends." Brooke instructs, pointing to herself and I then to Tyler and Brad. We all laugh.

The last time her and I were in relationships at the same time was junior year of high school when I was dating Cody and she was dating Andrew. Cody and Andrew weren't exactly best friends though, if anything they hated each other. Both football quarter backs, but Cody got the varsity spot and Andrew got JV.

The waitress comes and we order our meals.

"So how did you guys end up together?" Brooke asks, taking a sip of her wine. I don't think the people here realize three out of the four of us are under age.

"Well." Tyler looks down at me, grinning. I don't know what to say.

"Just kind of happened." Is what I settle on saying.

"Well, alright then." She laughs, cuddling into Brad who has his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

I could use a cuddle session from Tyler right now after just getting done thinking about Cody. Just a few seconds later our food comes.

"That was so good." Brad says, stretching in his seat, pushing his empty plate away.

It was very good.

What I was hoping Tyler would have done earlier, he does now, he wraps his arm around my shoulders. I scoot in as close as I can. He's so warm and I'm so cold. It's at the point where it is getting colder at night, but not too cold, and this dress isn't doing me much favors.

"You alright?" Tyler asks, putting his forehead to mine.

"Yeah, I'm cold and your warm." I giggle.

"Why didn't you say something?" He laughs, taking off his sweatshirt.

"Ty, no I don't need it." I push it away. I don't even know why he's wearing a sweatshirt to a fancy restaurant in the first place.

"I'm fine, put it on if you're cold." He sets it in my lap.

I give in and pull it over my head. It's warm from his body heat, and the best part is it smells like his cologne, which is one of the best smells. I cuddle back close to him.

"Brad, why don't you do that to me?" Brooke slaps Brad's arm.

"You never let me!"

"Bullshit, you never do." She laughs.

"Fine then, we should get going." Brad stands up. Tyler slides out, letting me out.

His sweatshirt is almost down to the end of my dress, but I don't really care.

We get in the car and head to TD Garden.

When we get there, we head to the locker room. I can hear music going and there are people standing in the hall to the locker room. I grab Tyler's hand, making sure not lose him and he pulls me closer to him, wrapping his arm around my waist as we head in.

"There you all are!" Tuukka calls, raising a red cup in the air. He's already getting drunk, I can tell my his voice and body language.

"Come on B, let's go get something to drink." Brad says to Brooke and they walk off.