Chapter 38

"Happy birthday baby." Tyler brings me to him, turning my face towards his, gently kissing me.

I'm not even awake enough to process most of what he just said or did until I realize it for myself.

It's my 20th birthday.

"Thank you." I sleepily reply, burying my face in his chest, drifting back off to sleep.

He chuckles, probably to my newly picked up habit of him waking up before me and me wanting to sleep in. Roles have been reversed apparently.

"Really babe?" He laughs as I drape my arm over him, only bringing myself closer to him. His bare chest is so warm.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He runs his hand up and down my arm.

There's something about him as I look up at him this morning that's getting to me. Maybe it's his eyes and how sparkly they look, or the way his hair is sticking up in different places, or the way he's grinning as he grabs my ass, jerking myself closer to him.

"You're bad." I laugh, reading his mind perfectly. I'm not helping myself at all as I bring his face to mine, my lips slamming his.

I knew there was something about him getting to me, I've found it.

Moments later, we lie there. He breathes heavily as I pull myself together, getting up and off of him, putting my pajamas back on.

"You haven't even been 20 a whole day and you're a new woman." He laughs at his own statement, pulling his boxers on.

"A new woman? Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Oh don't worry, it's good in every way, for me at least." He grins, kissing my nose and squeezing my ass as he heads downstairs.

I let my hair down, covering up my neck of the few marks he left before going downstairs. I'm sure he'll notice them either way and will have to point them out since he acts as if he's proud of them every time.

My dad is still here, talking with Tyler in the kitchen.

Tyler watches me, hiding his smile, as I enter the kitchen.

"Happy birthday!" My dad says. My dad hands Tyler and I both a cup of coffee.

"Thank you." I say, taking a sip.

"Mikayla is back up here." Dad says.

I practically spit out my coffee, making Tyler jump a little.

"She is?" I'm clearly surprised, but a bit nervous.

She had called me up just before we left Boston, telling me that her and Brooke got an apartment together in Boston, but weren't moved in or even back from Michigan yet.

I haven't told Tyler because I know it will only make him mad. Brooke living in Boston means her being with me often, not exactly his cup of tea.

"According to her mother she is. I saw and talked to Cathy the other day and she was staying with her."

"Brooke isn't here, is she?" I almost don't ask, but it's probably better to know.

"Not that I know of."

Tyler sighs, relieved I'm guessing.

**Later that day**

"Ty!" I call for him.

I stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom, looking at myself. My hair is just right and so is my makeup. I'm sure he's going to be pleased with my choice of dress.