Chapter 22

"Time to get up sis, got about 45 minutes." Tuukka shakes me awake. I toss and turn from my couple hours of sleep.

My flight leaves at 8, it's 6 right now. I haven't had to get up too early since my internship, which reminds me, I have to call or text Don, the athletic trainer, and let him know that I'm going to be gone. I do that now before I forget.

*Hey Don, I'm going to be gone for I don't know how long, so not going to be at work. See you soon.*

Even though I'm still clean from my bath last night, I take a quick shower.

I put on a pair of leggings and a pink pullover sweatshirt I got yesterday with Tuukka. I dry my hair and straighten it, putting my straightener and curling wand in one of my bags. I brush my teeth and do my makeup, putting that stuff in the same bag afterwards, and grabbing anything else I may need for the trip and go downstairs.

"That was faster then I thought." Tuukka pulls on a t-shirt when I walk into the kitchen.

Brad comes out from the basement and lazily goes into the bathroom. I forget Tyler's phone upstairs.

"Be right back." I run upstairs to grab his phone.

There are a few texts, but I don't bother reading them. I slide my finger across the screen to unlock it, his wallpaper is us, the first picture we took together. I smile and press the lock button, then pressing it again looking at his lock screen. It is us from Christmas, I don't even remember this picture being taken. It's me opening my bracelet, a huge smile across my face.

It's kind of embarrassing in a way, knowing you are someone's wallpaper in their phone, but it's Tyler at least.

I rush back down stairs, phone in hand.

"Why do you have Tyler's phone?" Tuukka looks at the phone, then me funny.

"He forgot it, he wants you to give it to him at practice." I hand him the phone and he puts it in his pocket.

"Are you ready to go?" He picks up one of my bags. I nod and we head out to his truck.

"Don't forget Torey's aunts house." I point to the road as we approach it. He nods and pulls in, going down a ways until we reach the house.

"Be right back." I jump out of the car and walk up the steps of the house. I knock once and the door opens, a woman I'm assuming is Torey's aunt answers.

"You must be Meghan." She smiles.

"Yes I am, hi." I smile, sticking my hand out to shake hers, but instead, she pulls me into a hug. Of course, I hug her back.

"Do you have a few minutes?" She looks past my shoulder and over to the truck.

"A few, but the plane leaves at 8." I remind her.

"We'll I've got to go grab the ticket, do come in." She steps out of the way.

I walk in and stand next to the door as she disappears and comes back with the ticket. She hands it to me.

"Thank you." I smile.

"You're very welcome. Torey thinks a lot of you, you know." She crosses her arms.

"He's a really good friend."

"That's what he told me about you."

"Aw. I should get going, don't want to keep my brother waiting."

"It was nice seeing you. Have fun."

"Thanks. Bye." I wave and head back out to the truck.

"Let's go." I buckle up, laying the ticket down on the seat between Tuukka and I.