Chapter 34

"It's about god damn time that one of you wake up." Mikayla says, lying on her bed, scrolling through her phone, as I pick my head up off the pillow. I sleepily glance over at me, then over at Tyler, whose arm is draped over me.

"What time is it?" I groan, sitting up up slowly, careful not to wake Tyler up.

"Almost noon." She looks over at me.

"Shit." I laugh.

"Does he usually sleep this long?" She asks, nodding her head, directing to Tyler.

"Not usually, he's just tired." I look at him, running my fingers through his hair, cracking an eye open and grinning before lying his head in my lap. "Are you planning on waking up?" I ask him, flicking his ear.

"Probably should." He groaned, sitting up slowly and stretching.

"Lazy ass." Mikayla laughed. Tyler flipped her off as he stood up, walking lazily towards the bathroom in nothing but his boxers, shutting the door, and hearing something hit the floor, cursing falling from his mouth. That only made Mikayla laugh more.

"He's so stupid." I laugh, standing up and retrieving a pile of clothes that have made their way out of my suitcase and onto the floor.

"Consider yourself a lucky girl." She says, sitting at the edge of her bed.

"I do." I laugh, picking out an outfit for the day. As far as I know, we aren't doing anything special so my bikini and a pair of jean shorts for now.

"Mark and a couple of his guys want me to go with them somewhere today." Mikayla says, watching me gather up everything and out it all back in my suitcase.

"Really?"

"Yeah, is that alright with you?"

"I guess." I answer slowly.

"I mean, if you had plans or want to make plans with me today, I don't have to go."

"No, go. It's your vacation basically, Tyler and I will do our own thing."

"Alright. Well he needs to hurry up so I can get ready. Mark is going to be here in 45 minutes." She stands up and knocks on the bathroom door.

"What?" Tyler calls.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asks, standing there, arms crossed.

"Taking a shower, can you not hear the water running?"

"Oh, well hurry up, I've got 45 minutes to get ready." She rolls her eyes, shaking her head, as she sits down next to me. "He's a pain in the ass." She says.

"But I love him." I say, making her grin.

"I know you do. And it's great to see you like this." She smiles.

"What do you mean? Me being happy again?"

"Yeah, I never thought you'd even consider getting with someone after Cody, it's crazy. For the small time I've known Tyler, he's what you always wanted."

"He is, and that's why I'm with him."

"Well that makes me happy, seeing my best friend happy and with the guy of her dreams. You've never seemed so relaxed and happy before." She says, hugging me. Just then, Tyler walks out, towel wrapped around his waist. "Well it's about time." Mikayla jokingly scoffs at him, Tyler rolling his eyes at her as she walks by him and into the bathroom, cracking the door.

"She's pretty hard on me." Tyler says quietly, pulling on his swim trunks, white and black, and pulling a tank top on.

"Does that hurt your feelings?" I laugh, standing up and wrapping my arms around his neck.