Chapter 11

The week and a half go by faster then I thought it would with Brooke back. She stayed the whole time at my house, getting up and going to school together everyday.

Tyler called every night, except for maybe two or three. I miss him so much when he is gone, but I know he will back in just a short amount of time.

That is the troubles of being in a relationship like ours, we are so close and always together that when he leaves for road trips, no matter how long they are, it feels so weird and lonely without him.

I found out that I am going to be interning with the Boston Bruins, shadowing with the athletic trainers. I haven't been told which one I am going to be shadowing yet, but I should find out either today or tomorrow.

"What time do you have to go pick up the guys?" Brooke asks from the kitchen. I look at my phone, it is almost 2:30 in the afternoon.

"Crap! Their flight comes in 15 minutes." I jump from the couch, grabbing Tuukka's truck keys and running out the garage door.

I'm wearing comfy clothes, as usual, leggings and a sweatshirt, my hair probably looks like shit seeing I didn't do anything to it, but it's the least of my worries. I start the truck up and head to the airport.

By the time I find a parking spot, it is almost 3. I walk inside to the waiting area. No sight of the team yet anyways. I look at the flight screens and the flight hasn't come in yet, must be running late. I sit and wait.

"You waiting for anyone?" A young man asks.

"Yeah, waiting for the Bruins flight to arrive." I turn around to where the voice came from. A guy, probably around Tyler and I's age, with brown hair stands there.

"Really? Why's that?"

"My brother and boyfriend are on the team and I'm picking them up."

"Your brother and boyfriend? Who are they?" He walks around and sits next to me, leaving a seat in between.

"My brother is Tuukka Rask and my boyfriend is Tyler Seguin."

"That is so cool! Is it weird?"

"I'm pretty used to it." I laugh shyly.

"I'm Torey, Torey Krug. I'm from Michigan. I'm waiting to board my flight." He sticks out his hand. I shake it.

"I'm Meghan, Meghan Rask. I live here in Boston." I greet and he laughs.

"Nice to meet you. I play hockey actually, back at Michigan State, hoping one day to be in the NHL." He smiles.

"Maybe someday. I go to Boston University, studying to be an athletic trainer."

"Going to work with the Bruins?"

"I wish, I'm going to be interning soon with one of the current trainers."

"Good for you. I think their flight is in." He points to the screen. Sure enough, it is.

"Thanks. If you want, you can come meet some of them team if you'd like?" I offer, getting up.

"Really? That'd be great!" He beams, following me over.

Minutes later, the team comes around the corner. Tyler spots me and a huge smiles covers his face. I walk over and he lifts me up into his arms. I nuzzle my face in his neck. He gives me a quick kiss before putting me down.

"Hi." He laughs.

"Missed you." I smile.

"I missed you more." He grins, grabbing my hand.