Chapter 24

It was hard saying goodbye to Torey this morning, knowing it could be the last time for a while before I see him again.

I couldn't be more thankful to have a friend like Torey, he's honestly everything I've looked for in a friend. It's not all the time a girl is able to find a guy friend like Torey, but I'm glad it happened to me.

Now that I'm on the flight back home, all I can think about is being able to see Tyler when they come back from Buffalo.

The plane lands in Boston after what seems like forever. I get my bags and attempt to find Brooke through the huge crowds.

I finally find her, since she is holding a sign with my name on it. It puts a smile on my face as I walk over to her. She drops the sign and embraces me tightly.

"How was Michigan?" She asks, picking up the sign as we head out of the airport.

"It was amazing."

"Amazing, huh? It's pretty nice, that's why I moved there."

"But it was with your aunt, right?"

"Well, yeah." She laughs.

I put my bags in the back and get into the passenger seat. We drive in silence for a little bit.

"So." I look down at my lap.

I don't have a clue what to talk about with her. It is still a weird feeling, being around her after everything, but I'm hoping this time around, we will actually be able to work everything out. If it doesn't go that way, I will officially be done, officially.

"You and Tyler are good now, right?" She glances over at me, concern on her face.

"Yeah, yeah we are, as far as I know."

"Okay good. You know I still feel horrible. I was so drunk and wasn't thinking and it just-"

"Brooke, it's fine, stop." I cut her off. She smiles a little and focuses back on the road.

"But it's not all fine, Meghan. You have no clue how bad I want to have you back as my best friend and this, well, this definitely isn't helping."

"You guys were drunk. Clearly shit happens when people are drunk. I don't want to talk about it anymore." I give her a look of annoyance and she stops.

"Sorry. So I haven't told you something."

"Haven't told me what?"

"I met someone in Michigan."

"Really? Who is it?"

"Yup, and he's a hockey player."

"That's nice. What's his name?"

"Danny."

My heart stops for a quick second. It can't be.

"Danny who?" I quickly ask.

"Danny Spar. He's very sweet and good looking, might I add." A huge smile appears on her face as she thinks about him.

I feel like gagging. I'm so uncomfortable at this point because it's the guy, it's that same Danny who tries doing shit with me.

"Oh, that's nice." I lie. I pull out my phone and text Torey.

*Torey, does Danny have a girlfriend?*

After a couple minutes he responds.

*I have no clue, I'll ask him, obviously not mentioning you were wondering because he definitely wouldn't have one then. Why do you want to know?*