Ch 6.) Good morning

"Well, now that you're officially one of us. We have to get you a new dress!" Angelica exclaimed.

"N-no! I can't accept that!" I said sternly.

"Too bad! We saw you looking at that purple dress and Peggy snuck away to get it!" Eliza exclaimed.

I saw Peggy running back towards us, nearly tripping in her excitement.

"Its perfect!" Peggy shouted.

"Come on into that store we can change you into it!" Angelica said dragging me along.

We emerged a few moments later and I felt more beautiful that I had in a long time.

"Oh my god, thank you guys so much," I breathed, gripping the fabric between my fingers.

"It's you. It would be a crime not to have you go home in it!" Peggy said.

I blushed and tried to look anywhere but the shops so they wouldn't buy me anything else when a familiar face caught my eye.

"Laurens!" I called, rushing over.

"Giovanna!" Laurens said, his eyes lighting up.

I tripped over the hem of my dress and i closed my eyes waiting to hit the ground and completely embarrass myself in front of the man who made my heart clench. I felt arms close around my waist before I could connect with the ground. I heard the Schuyler sisters giggling in the background.

"Hey..." I breathed, when I looked into John's eyes.

A heavy blush stained his cheeks and let out a breath of a laugh.

"Hey" He said, helping me stand back up.

"Hi," We said together, me letting out a small giggle.

"So, how'd you get to know the Schuyler sisters?" He asked curiously, looking over at the girls

"Oh, Peggy bumped into me and I guess I kinda got taken under their wing," I said, shrugging.

"Well, you look amazing today," He said, kissing my hand.

"Heh, well I'm sure I was a drunken sight last night," I laughed.

"You were wonderful last night Gia..." He said.

We fell into a comfortable silence, shy smiles on our faces. I felt him entwine our fingers and realized he hadn't released my hand after our greeting. I blushed even harder.

"Oh! Gia, we're having a get together later today, to talk more about joining the revolution and such," He stammered, untwining our hands and handing me one of the fliers he had.

I grinned and skimmed the flier.

"Alex and I will definitely be there." I said.

I felt a hand grip my shoulder, and I looked behind me to see Peggy. The other sisters behind me sharing giggles.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt, but I overheard you will be seeing Gia later tonight, so I am kidnapping her back!" Peggy beamed.

"Of course Ms. Schuyler. I'm sorry to have kept her," John said bowing his head.

"Oh please! It's not everyday a woman gets held in a wonderful conversation with a handsome man!" She teased us.

I shot her a dirty look and she just grinned harder.

"Well, it appears i'm going to held hostage, I'll see you later John," I said, giving him a quick hug.

He looked at me shocked before hugging me again.

"I'll see you later,"