Ch 32.) Philip Hamilton

I closed the door to my bedroom and leaned my back against it and took a deep breath, momentarily forgetting the letter from my sister and got lost in the memory of Thomas' large glittering eyes. I felt the letter cinkle in my grip and pull me from my reprieve. I quickly tore open the envelope my eyes scanning the familiar cursive hungrily.

"My dearest Giovanna Hamilton,
I write to you in times of great happiness. On the twenty second of January, Alexander and I welcomed your first Nephew. Perfectly healthy and handsome. Philip. Oh I can not wait until you return! You can teach him french while I teach him piano. His features are most handsome. His eyes are those of his fathers, and yours, Expressive and full of benignity. Quite graceful for a baby. He appears to not have the slimness you and Alexander have in your legs. I fear he will be a terrible dancer. His laugh reminds me much of yours, full of sunlight and promise. I beg of you to come home soon my dear friend. I love you dearly.

Truly yours,

Angelica Schuyler Hamilton

P.S

Please come home soon. I fear your brother may become inconsolable about the fact Philips Godmother won't be here for his first birthday.

I smiled as I read the letter over once more. I could practically see Angel rolling her eyes as she wrote this... Godmother.... I fear that if i get anymore good news tonight I may burst from happiness.