Ch 60. stay alive reprise

"Where is she! Where is my sister!" I heard Alexander screamed.
"Mr. Hamilton, come in. They brought her in a half an hour ago. She lost a lot of blood on the way over." I heard the doctor say.
"Is she alive!" Alexander sobbed.
"Yes she is but you have to understand. The bullet lodged in her side. It took a lot out of her when we dug it out. We're trying to stave off the infection."
"Alex!" I whimpered.
"I'm doing everything I can but the wound was partially infected when she came in." The Doctor explained.
"Alexander!" I called as loudly as I could.
"Gigi!" he whimpered, gripping my hand in his.
I sent him a weak smile, trying to be strong despite the pain.
"Hey baby brother," I whispered.
"What the hell were you thinking...I should've listened to you," He cursed himself.
I closed my eyes and smiled.
"Bout time you admitted I was right," I said, taking a rattling breath.
I hissed through my teeth as a tremor of pain racked through me.
"He did exactly as you said. The Angel. Eaker shot before they got to ten,"
A bone chilling cough raked my chest.
"I need you to know I forgive you. For all you've done. I love you. So so much baby brother," I whispered
"I Know I know. Save your strength Gigi." Alex begged. "I can't lose you too, please"
I gave him a weak nod and tried to even my breath.
"I...I sent for Thomas," Alex whispered.
I tensed and immediately regretted it as pain surged through my back and ribs.
"Why?" I whispered.
"Because he loves you, and if it were me right now, I would still want Angelica to know and be here with me."
I sighed and nodded, smiling softly as he kissed my sweaty forehead. I jolted slightly when the doors slammed open and the familiar boots thundered on the wood floors.
"Where is she!" I heard Angelica cry
"Where is my wife!" I Heard Thomas' voice boom.
"M-mister Jefferson." A doctor stammered.
"Where is my WIFE!" He thundered.
"Thomas," Alexander called, urging his enemy over, Angelica hot on his heels
"No," I whimpered.
"Hush Gigi." Alex said, caressing my cheek.
"Hamilton! Is she breathing? Is she going to survive this!" Thomas demanded, falling to his knees at my bedside opposite Alexander.
He gripped my unoccupied hand and kissed it. I shook my head and turned away from him. I still couldn't bear to look at his eyes.
I felt Angelica begin to push my hair from my eyes. Her hands shaking
"Who did this Alexander!" He demanded, his grip tightening on my hand, fingers toying with my wedding ring.
"She saved Phillip. I was a fool and sent my son into a duel. Always the sensible one, she saved his life. My sweet sister." Alexander let out a choked sob.
"WHAT!" Angelica roared.
"You and your damned heroic streak Giovanna." Thomas whispered fondly.
I decided if I was going to die I might as well forgive my husband. Tell him I loved him..one last time.
"Thomas," I whispered, turning my head to look into his eyes.
The once bright brown orbs were now bloodshot and filled with tears.
"Giovanna," He breathed, pressing his lips firmly to my knuckles.
"We'll give you a moment," Angelica said, kissing my forehead before heading to loom in the doorway, forcing Alexander to come with her.
It made my heart swell to see them getting along again, granted this should not be the reason why they were.
I gave Thomas a small smirk and pushed my muscles to put my hand on his cheek.
"I'm so sorry Thomas. I forgot my promise to you," I whispered.
"Gia,"
"I promised not to leave you alone in this world." I said apologetically, ignoring his interruption.
"What were you thinking?" He asked.
"I had to save my nephew," I said.
"Your love for that boy is gonna get you killed," He sighed, breathing out a laugh.
I smiled slightly at his joke.
"Giovanna. You'll be alright you're going to make it. You and I are going to be just fine." He said.
"I love you," I whispered.
"Stop that Giovanna." Thomas snarled. "You are going to live and come home. Adrienne will have her parents back together."
"If I live," I said with an eye roll.
"Giovanna. Alexander needs his big sister! Adrienne needs her mommy. Washington needed his baby girl. Philip needs his Auntie Gegge. And I need my soul. I cannot live without you Giovanna" He begged, pressing a kiss to my lips.
"Mister and Mrs Hamilton, Mister Jefferson." A doctor called.
"Is my sister going to be ok," Alexander demanded.
"She should be fine for now. We were able to stop the bleeding but for now we just need to keep an eye out for infection. She can go home tomorrow."
Home...Thomas. I was happy to be able to go home but I Was not looking forward to the conversation we needed to have