Ch 22.) I Did Not Dismiss You!

"Did I dismiss you soldier?" The General's voice cut sharp.

I flinched and my lips twitched into a frown.

"Answer me girl," He growled.

"N-no sir," I answered meekly.

"What was that,"

"No Sir," I answered loudly.

"Then why did you think it was alright to leave my quarters," He questioned.

"Y-you dismissed Alexander. I assumed that I was dismissed as well. I didn't think that you would separate Alexander and I," I said nervously.

"You assumed wrong Ms.Hamilton." General Washington stated.

I looked up at him, fear written in my eyes. He couldn't separate us. I didn't know how to function without my brother. What if something happened to him! I wouldn't be there to take care of him. My breathing became short and erratic. I felt my vision blurr and I swayed slightly.

"Giovanna," I heard Washington asked, concern coloring his voice.

I felt his hands grip my arms before I hit the ground.

"Hey, Giovanna. Gia. Sweetheart. Babygirl. Hey, look at me." He whispered, trying to calm me.

I shook my head and whimpered, tears streaming down my cheeks. He hugged me and pulled me into his chest.

"Hey. Talk to me. What's your name?"

"G-giovanna Faucette Hamilton," I whimpered.

"Good, can you breath for me?" He asked, taking a deep breath.

I tried to even my breathing to match his. He kissed my forehead.

"Theres my girl." He whispered.

I clutched his coat tighter.

"Dad," I whispered involuntarily.

I felt him tense against me. My eyes widened as I realised what I had uttered. I scrambled to pull away but he grabbed me and pulled me tighter against his chest.

"My beautiful daughter," He whispered back.

We pulled out of the embrace and he helped me stand. He smiled at me and wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Now, I am not dismissing you, because I still need you. You have some brilliant ideas Gia. It's time you voiced them." He said, straightening up. "I understand that you and Alexander have never been apart but...perhaps it is best I let you read the letter Mrs.Hamilton had sent me," He said walking over to his table and picking up a letter.

My eyes skimmed the letter hungrily. I missed Angelica's letter dearly. They have been more vague lately. My jaw dropped when I finished reading.

"She's pregnant," I whispered.

"Yes. I know you love Alexander to death. But my child it is time for him to grow up,"

I sighed and nodded.

"You're right sir," I responded, setting the letter back upon his desk.

He smiled softly at me.

"Now, we have a war to win young lady. Give me your best shot,"

A/N; Just a cute lil' G-Ham and G-Wash moment <3