Ch 50.) Surprises in store

I took a deep breath and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and the brushed my hair back from my sweaty forehead.

"Are you alright Gia?" I heard George ask through the door to the bathroom.

I opened the door and smiled as best I could at him, with my stomach churning.

"Just a bug George, I'm fine. Promise," I said.

"I for one would feel a lot better if my wife would see a doctor Mr. President," I heard Thomas scowl.

"While I hate to agree. You should see a doctor Gia," Alexander said.

I unlocked the door and opened it to face the three men in the doorway.

"I am fine!" I argued.

"Giovanna you have been sick for the past few weeks," Thomas whispered taking my hands. "It would put my heart at ease if you would see a doctor. I have already lost too many people I care about." He said softly as he pushed a loose curl from my eyes.

I sighed in defeat and looked down at our conjoined hands.

"Fine, I shall accompany Angelica on her visit tomorrow if it will get all of you off of my back," I groaned.

George and Alexander high fived, laughing.

"Don't you three have a country to run," I asked as I glared at them.

They smiled sheepishly and Thomas pulled me close to kiss my forehead.

I smiled, closing my eyes contentedly, The moment only ending as I shoved him away to toss up the rest of my lunch in the toilet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelica and I hugged each other crying and laughing as the doctors words echoed in my head.

'Congratulations Mrs.Jefferson and Hamilton. You're pregnant.'

"Oh god. I can't believe this!" I sobbed, smiling.

"Your own little family!" Angelica cried.

"You're extending yours!" I gushed.

We linked arms and ran to the carriage and off to the presidents building. My head and heart buzzing in excitement.

We held hands as we ran through the office hall, nearly knocking over a disgruntled looking John Adams in our haste.

"Alexander! Where is Thomas!" I giggled, catching myself on his door jam to stop before I brushed past his office.

"In a meeting with the president I believe. Why?" He asked looking up from his paperwork.

Angelica and I looked at each other with matching grins as she ran in to grab her husband and tug him along with us.

We burst into the main office giggling and whispering to each other like children.

"What is the meaning of this?" George demanded, looking at Alexander for and answer seeing our breathless flushed state.

"I don't know sir! I was dragged her against my will." Alexander defended.

Angelica and I moved to force everyone to sit and stood in front of them.

"Girls," George said in warning.

"Shhh!" I silenced harshly.

"Well, Great news! Gia is not sick!" Angelica said proudly.

"No I am not! Exactly as I said," I smiled.

"Is that all?" Thomas asked. "I mean that's great news but we-"

"We're pregnant!" We both shouted.

George smiled as our husbands faces paled. He stood and clapped both men on the shoulder before coming to embrace us.

"Congratulations sweetheart," George whispered as he held me close, squeezing a fraction tighter.

Alexander was the first to recover and hugged Angelica tightly, spinning her before moving to me.

"You're really-"

"Yeah," I laughed breathlessly.

His eyes watered as he hugged me.

We pulled away and I looked at Thomas who seemed frozen in place.

"Thomas?" I whispered nervously.

He seemed to startle at the sound of my voice, and looked at me wide eyed. I looked at him nervously as he stood and made his way over to me.

I looked at him with watery eyes as he raised a shaky hand and placed it on my stomach. He let out a shaky breath and pulled me into a forceful hug, tears falling from his eyes.

"Thank god," I whispered to myself.

"Gentlemen," George said, clearing his throat. "I think that we are all done for today, Go home..."