Ch 10.) A Letter to Angelica

My Dearest friend Angelica,

                                         The war against Britain grows more an more tiresome. The cold weather seems to be moving in harder and quicker. However I must stay strong, I am one of General Washington's right hands, Alexander being the other. I believe I have proved myself worthy of the position, despite the sexist remarks I have been told. Don't you worry Angie, I have put them in their place.

                                        Alexander shows more promise as we grow closer to the General. He acts as if he was our father. He even has taken to calling Alexander 'son', and I 'Gigi'. I was able to meet his lovely wife Martha when we were in Virginia. She is so kind. She wishes for me to visit once the war is over.

                                        I also have some news...On Our way home to Manhattan we paused for camp and John Laurens kissed me! I know, I wasn't expecting it, but am I ever so happy it happened. I am unsure of what to do Angelica! Do I tell Alexander that his best friend kissed me! I fear I am falling for the man. His eyes make me blush and whenever he smiles...Oh Angie, I feel as if i'm being bathed in sunlight. How do I even begin to tell him this?

                                     As for the war....Since Washington has taken me under his wing, he tries to keep me from the action. Even his best efforts have failed, I will fight along side my brother and my friends.

                                       Anyways, enough about me. How are things back home? How is my darling Peggy! Be sure to give her all my love! Is there any man in your life yet my beautiful friend? Remember they will need my approval! My warmest regards and hope to be back home in a free nation quite soon.